FORUMS: list search recent posts

Alpha channel not working in some sections

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Gardiner
Alpha channel not working in some sections
on Jun 21, 2017 at 3:13:05 pm

I have an issue with a animated logo that's been exported from AE (codec's tried Animation & ProRes4444) it's a :30s video repeated for 20mins on top of another animated logo which is on top of video. In some parts it's transparent other parts it's on a black bg and you can't see any layer below it.

My fixes are changing the Project settings to 'Mercury Playback Engine Software Only' but that's a really slow export. The other fix is putting that animated logo below the other animated logo... then for some reason it all works.

The only change from this week's project from last week is upgrading Premiere Pro to the new version 2017.1.2

Easy fix to move it to another layer, but it should work.

Return to posts index

Martin Gardiner
Re: Alpha channel not working in some sections
on Jun 21, 2017 at 3:20:15 pm

Actually, the moving the video to a different layer doesn't work. It works briefly, but if you go to a different sequence and then back to it it's black again.

It's not all the time and some sequences the logo works fine and some sequences it goes off and on. No real difference in other files and random on/off no pattern that I can see.

Problem occurs on export as well.

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Jun 21, 2017 at 3:58:18 pm

Do the underlying shots have Master Clip effects (Lumetri, LUTS, etc.)

I've seen graphics refuse to key over such shots, randomly.

Return to posts index

Martin Gardiner
on Jun 21, 2017 at 4:22:11 pm

no effects added.

the animated logo was a 10min loop which normally works fine, but for some reason it wasn't. I switched it to just the :30s clip repeated over and over and it's currently working.

on a high-end iMac though, so, don't think it's a processing issue. it's just all of a sudden since I've updated the software too.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]