FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVI files in Dropboc

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Victoria Guzik
AVI files in Dropboc
on Jun 20, 2017 at 4:07:11 am

Hi,
I am sending several avi files edited in Premiere Pro cs6 to a theater group using dropbox. I have sent out to over eighty members these files and I have one member that cannot open the file from the entire group. When I asked her to forward the email back to me, I received the dropbox file with no where to click and open it. Unfortunately, she doesn't seem to understand when I question her about what system she is using, etc. because she doesn't reply to my questions. Any suggestions as to what I can do to try to get her to receive these files? Thank you.\
Victoria

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: AVI files in Dropboc
on Jun 20, 2017 at 1:51:06 pm

Hi Victoria,

I wonder if she is on a Mac? I don't believe Macs can play .avi files. Beyond that, I would question the use of an .avi file in the first place for delivery - is there a specific need for the format to be .avi ? For electronic delivery, .mp4 is the usually the best choice because the files are much smaller than .avi and an .mp4 should be universally playable on PC, Mac, tablet, etc.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jun 20, 2017 at 3:36:08 pm

[Victoria Guzik] "....I have one member that cannot open the file from the entire group. "

Well, you can agonize over the problems suffered by this single member, or you can encourage other members of the group to share on their machines. I doubt you look forward to becoming a diagnostician.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Victoria Guzik
on Jun 20, 2017 at 9:39:00 pm

Thanks, but unfortunately I have a stubborn streak. lol. To make things more complicated, she emailed me that she has windows 7 and windows media player. When she forwarded me my message the attachment did not have the little dropbox symbol so couldn't be opened.
Victoria

Return to posts index

greg janza
on Jun 21, 2017 at 3:16:15 am

79-1 is a very good track record. Inevitably there'll be someone who just isn't technically capable to troubleshoot their own system problems.

How about for that one person you upload the file to vimeo instead? Then your recipient doesn't have to do any real work outside of clicking on the download button.

I Hate Television. I Hate It As Much As Peanuts. But I Can’t Stop Eating Peanuts.
- Orson Welles

Return to posts index

Victoria Guzik
on Jun 21, 2017 at 4:36:06 am

Thanks for the suggestion. Not familiar with that. Can you give me some instructions on how to do that? I'm sure this member would appreciate it because she is one of the oldest members.
Victoria

Return to posts index

greg janza
on Jun 21, 2017 at 5:25:04 am

Go to vimeo.com, sign up as a basic free member, upload your video to the Vimeo site and in the vimeo settings of that file allow it to be downloaded.

send the vimeo link to your person and they can view the video in their browser or download it to their computer.

I Hate Television. I Hate It As Much As Peanuts. But I Can’t Stop Eating Peanuts.
- Orson Welles

Return to posts index

Victoria Guzik
on Jun 21, 2017 at 11:02:55 am

Thank you. I will give it a a try.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]