FORUMS: list search recent posts

Which file to use?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Samantha Carson
Which file to use?
on Jun 19, 2017 at 5:49:13 am
Last Edited By Samantha Carson on Jun 19, 2017 at 8:38:57 am

I exported two final versions of a short film. One I thought was better quality as it was AVI so I exported this thinking I had set it to 1920*1080, but unfortunately it somehow ended up as 720*480 but it looks fine and is 12 GB. The other I exported in H.264 and it exported correctly at 1920*1080, but is only 302 MB. I also exported a MXF file without really knowing what that meant and that is 3.3 GB and 1920*1080. So my computer with premiere died and I can no longer edit the original so I am reimporting to another computer-which file should I work with, which one is the best quality and will still look good after reexporting it?
Thanks!
S

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
Re: Which file to use?
on Jun 19, 2017 at 2:28:46 pm

720x480 is useless if you want HD video. The H.264 seems a bit small (not sure of the length of your film). Also, H.264 is pretty lossy, so not a good workflow to re-export if you can help it. Not sure what kind of MXF file you have but it is probably your best bet.

This is a good lesson on always saving backups on a separate drive. ;)

Return to posts index

Samantha Carson
Re: Which file to use?
on Jun 19, 2017 at 10:12:36 pm

Its a 9 min film. Yeah I just exported the MXF one and it seems to preserve quality. Alright cheeky! I did back up the project but its a long story basically the original media corrupted and I had a backup of that but I would have had to have relink everything etc etc yeah I probably didnt do it the best way actually haha. Thanks for the feedback :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]