FORUMS: list search recent posts

Third party Mac software for timelapse movie creation from still image sequence?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Hertz
Third party Mac software for timelapse movie creation from still image sequence?
on Jun 17, 2017 at 4:37:39 pm

I have dozens of time lapses to convert to movies in Premiere. They were all shot as still image sequences in the CR2 format - which Premiere cannot import. So I set up a batch in Photoshop to convert all the CR2's to JPGs so I could then import them into Premiere. It's a pretty slow process, as it can take Photoshop a long time to convert that many still images.

Can anyone suggest a different software package that would just open the CR2 files and create a movie, which I could then export and load into Premiere? I have FCP X and Media Composer - but can't find an easier way with either of those to do it. I miss the days of Quicktime 7 when I could just open an image sequence and export a movie in two steps!

Thanks.

Don

Return to posts index

Brent Marginet
Re: Third party Mac software for timelapse movie creation from still image sequence?
on Jun 17, 2017 at 6:35:44 pm

You can still install Quicktime 7 on your Mac.
I've installed it on Yosemite, EL Capitan and Sierra and use it on an almost daily basis.
Apple really did us all a disservice when then stopped developing QT on Mac.
It is an absolute must have tool as far as I'm concerned.

I don't think it will open CR2 files but I just wanted you to know that it will still work on the newer OS's

Here's the link for the installer.
Just one note: It gets installed in the Utilities Folder instead of the Applications folders like it used to.
You should also be able to find a Pro Serial Number by searching the net.

https://support.apple.com/kb/dl923?locale=en_US

Return to posts index

Andy George
Re: Third party Mac software for timelapse movie creation from still image sequence?
on Jun 18, 2017 at 4:08:37 am

I use after effects to render my time-lapses, it will recognize the CR2 files.
You can set up several timelines and then render them as a batch.

As a plus, you get the opportunity to do any edits in the camera raw dialogue upon opening the image sequence.

Here's a tutorial that walks through the process

Return to posts index

Don Hertz
on Jun 18, 2017 at 2:11:01 pm

That was exactly what I needed! Never thought to try After Effects. The fact that I can keep queuing them over to Media Encoder and setting up the next one without tying up AE is great too. I already have over a dozen in the que and processing!

Thanks Andy.

Don

Return to posts index

greg janza
on Jun 18, 2017 at 5:41:51 am

Adobe Premiere 2017.1.1
Windows 10 Pro
Samsung SSD 850 EVO system
Samsung SSD 850 EVO Adobe cache
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
OWC Thunderbay 12t x 2 in Raid10 configuration (thru Storage Spaces and Disk Management)

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
on Jun 19, 2017 at 2:30:25 pm

Some good suggestions already. I believe Lightroom can also export timelapses...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]