FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere Pro 2017 and RED Footage Bug with OpenCL

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Hertz
Premiere Pro 2017 and RED Footage Bug with OpenCL
on Jun 16, 2017 at 9:40:40 pm

I'm having an annoying issue with RED R3D footage in Premiere 2017.1 on my Mac. When OpenCL is selected as the renderer, the RED footage will "strobe" badly on my external broadcast monitor when I play it. If I pause playback, the still frame looks fine. It also always looks fine on the computer monitor. At first I thought it was a bug with my Black Magic UltraStudio and I was going to ignore it until this project was complete, however, that "strobe" carries through to the final export. So even if I export to a ProRes HD file and bring that back into Premiere, in that file, every shot that came from the RED camera strobes, everything else is fine, but again - only on the external broadcast monitor.

If I switch to Software Renderer or Metal, the problem goes away. Unfortunately, both are incredibly slow. I can't use CUDA at all, it's been broken since the 2016 release on my system and continues to crash my system if I try to work with it for more than a few seconds.

I tried messing with field interpolation on the RED footage. That doesn't seem to help.

So for now, I'm working in OpenCL and ignoring the strobe, then switching to Metal for my final export and waiting 4-5 hours for the file to export.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Any better work arounds?

Don

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]