FORUMS: list search recent posts

Enabling and Normalising

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Barnes
Enabling and Normalising
on Jun 15, 2017 at 9:22:40 pm

Two questions for the gurus!

1. After 'Clip>Disable'-ing the hundreds irrelevant audio clips (representing the non-speaking characters' mics, mainly) while editing, the sound mixer now wants everything enabled to make his own decisions. Fair enough. You can select all and click 'Clip>Enable' BUT that simply toggles things and the formerly enabled clips become disabled. What's needed is an 'Enable All' command. Is there one hiding somewhere or a workaround? I don't really want to manually select only the disabled clips one by one.

2. Similarly, after normalising the audio for my own ears while editing, the sound mixer now wants original audio only. Normalisation cannot be reset it seems. It's timeline/project based so the original clips are not normalised, but I don't want to redo the entire 80 minutes manually. Any trick here? I've selected all clips and tried the Clip>Audio Options>Audio Gain (shortcut G) and Set Gain> to zero, but I'm not convinced this is taking normalisation off. It may just be reducing the entire volume level. Normalisation plays with peaks I believe so it might just end up as a level-reduced normalised clip. There should be a 'Remove Normalisation' command. Anyone know how to deal with this?

Thanks very much for any suggestions!

'It's not a question of becoming. It's a question of uncovering what you really are, of letting everything that is not yourself fall away'. - Journey to Ladakh

I think this applies to editing as well....

Ken Barnes, Producer, Director, Editor
http://www.blissmonkeyfilms.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]