FORUMS: list search recent posts

Same Mask, Next Video

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Glaim
Same Mask, Next Video
on Jun 15, 2017 at 2:32:55 am

Hey, everyone.

I run a YouTube channel. At the end of all my videos, I have an outro that requires a mask that I have to adjust frame by frame for about half a second, which is a bit time-consuming. I think there must be a way to streamline this process so I don't have to do it for every video. I've tried bringing the outro clip over from a previous video, but the mask never comes with it, so I have to make the mask and adjust it again every time. Does anyone know a way I can use the same clip WITH the mask in every video without having to recreate the mask every time? It would save me some of time.

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Brent Marginet
Re: Same Mask, Next Video
on Jun 15, 2017 at 4:29:18 am

I may not quite understand exactly what your asking so here it goes.
Are you saying that this clip is indentical in every way or are you masking a different underlying clip each time or putting something different on it like text or anything else.

If it's absolutely identical every time then just render it, build it in its own timeline that you can drop into each new show or export it to a video clip that you can use over and over.

If this doesn't help please give let us know what I may be missing here.

Return to posts index

Jamie Pickell
on Jun 15, 2017 at 4:30:47 pm

Is it the same clip with the same mask for every video? If so, this is what I would do:

1. In your project that has a finished sequence with the outro video and associated mask, create a new sequence that matches the same settings as your finished sequence and label this new sequence Outro Video Element or something to that effect.

2. Copy the Outro Video clip from your finished sequence and any associated elements that repeat from episode to episode like a music sting or something. Then paste these items into your newly created sequence.

3. Save and close the current project.

4. There are two different things you can do here, you can either import the sequence (using the Media Browser) you just created into your new episode that needs the Outro video OR you can create a new project where you keep repeating elements and effects that are in your show. Personally, I would create a new project and call it Show Elements or something to that effect. In this project I would keep all the effects, music stings, etc. that you use on a regular basis for the show. In AVID this would be a Bin that had these items that could be opened and closed when needed; in legacy FCP this would have been it's own project that could be opened and closed as needed; but Premiere doesn't allow you to have multiple projects open so I've found that creating a hybrid of the AVID and FCP model works well.

5. If you create a new project, import the new sequence you created and any other elements you use repeatedly. Now you have a project that is just the show elements so you don't have to remember where you first created that original sequence with just the outro video. Save the project.

6. Open the project that you're currently working on and then import just the necessary items you need for your show.

Hope this helps,
Jamie

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jun 15, 2017 at 6:26:16 pm

Why not just export the close clip again -- masked -- and re-import?
Boom. Done.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Tim Glaim
on Jun 23, 2017 at 11:49:13 am

Because it doesn't come with the mask when I import it.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jun 23, 2017 at 4:42:46 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Jun 23, 2017 at 4:48:20 pm

In which case, you need to explain WHY you need this mask, because from your description it doesn't sound like you need to be doing this over & over again. What are you masking? Why can't it be done just once and exported?

Frankly, it sounds like operator error.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

andy patterson
on Jun 15, 2017 at 7:55:51 pm

There are several ways to create masks in Premiere Pro and they all have bug issues.

Return to posts index

Ann Bens
on Jun 18, 2017 at 7:56:57 pm

I would export the clip with mask as an alpha channel and use that as a track matte.

BTW i dont have any issues with masks.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]