FORUMS: list search recent posts

Render only the RED sections on a timeline

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
matt chapman
Render only the RED sections on a timeline
on Jun 13, 2017 at 10:21:48 pm

Hey all-
we are working off of a network NAS and often we have to jump from machine to machine to watch various timelines. Inevitably, if there is an AE comp in the timeline the preview of that composition won't be in the cache (which is on local disks).

is there a way to render only the RED sections of the timeline? Most everything is yellow, but 10-15% of the timeline is RED and in order to preview effectively we typically need to render the whole thing, when all we really need are the red sections.

Anyone can help?

much appreciated!

Chapman

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Render only the RED sections on a timeline
on Jun 13, 2017 at 10:28:05 pm

Set an in point just before the red section.
Set an out point just after the red section.
Go Sequence > Render In To Out.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

matt chapman
on Jun 13, 2017 at 10:57:46 pm

Ah, yes I know that, thank you!

In fact we made a hot key so that we can click on one event, select the in and out points for that event, and render in to out in two keys.

However I was looking for something a little more advanced whereby Premiere could render only the RED sections automatically while leaving the rest like YELLOW off. Sony Vegas had something called "render effects IN to OUT", which would only render anything that required extra FX on the top of the scenes.

Looking for something more automated so that we don't have to spend an hour rendering each little section every time we need to preview a 44 minute timeline. It wastes a lot of our review time to have an editor render each clip separately.

Chap

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jun 14, 2017 at 1:32:28 am
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Jun 14, 2017 at 4:57:43 pm

As far as I know, there is no "render the red parts of the timeline" command.

Besides, who has to render every single, solitary red piece of a timeline just to see if something works? I can pretty much guarantee your editors are blowing that one off already. I suspect the practice would continue even if there were such an obscure command.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

matt chapman
on Jun 14, 2017 at 8:42:02 pm

While I appreciate the thought, we are an animation company and have to scrutinize many different scenes. So when the render hits the red part, the playback becomes instantly choppy, and we have to render it to see the correct preview and check for timing.

I'll submit a feature request. I am sure the editors are not skipping this step as we review hundreds of minutes of content per week, and this is the one thing that slows us down a lot, having premiere have to stop and render 4K video every time we hit a clip in a 22 minute timeline. It makes a 2 hour review take 3 hours.

Return to posts index

Yair Bartal
on Jun 15, 2017 at 12:07:00 pm

If you look here: https://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/red-yellow-and-green-render-bars/

You can see the following text:

When you press the Enter key (or choose Sequence > Render Effects In Work Area), Premiere Pro renders preview files for all segments with red render bars before playing the sequence.

Return to posts index

matt chapman
on Jun 15, 2017 at 9:57:27 pm
Last Edited By matt chapman on Jun 15, 2017 at 10:25:37 pm

Thanks Yair! Does it also render the Yellow bars? If that's the case then its no help as all of the timeline is YELLOW..

EDIT: It works. So simple. I feel silly.

Chapman

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]