FORUMS: list search recent posts

"This project uses fonts that are not currently available on this computer" but I have the font on my Mac

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scratch Sperber
"This project uses fonts that are not currently available on this computer" but I have the font on my Mac
on Jun 10, 2017 at 9:05:14 pm

I created about 15 titles using a font that I have on my computer (Copperplate Light Gothic). The titles look fine. Every time I open the project that uses these titles, I get the above message telling me that CopperplateLightGothicht and AdobeCaslonProro are unresolvable and and a default font will be substituted. The options for syncing font or getting font from typekit are greyed out.

I've tried syncing Copperplate from Adobe Typekit directly via Creative Cloud(I'm new to Adobe Cloud and Typekit), but it is different enough that changing all the titles to Copperplate will involve a lot of graphic tweaking. (I don't even know where in the project I'm using Adobe Caslon Pro...!)

After much searching, I guess the problem is how/where the fonts are installed on my Mac Pro -- I moved the font in question from User/Library/Fonts to HD/Library/Fonts, I tried adding a .ttf extension, a .ttc extension... no luck. Any ideas how to make this message go away? It takes about 10 seconds to come up, so it always happens right after I've started doing something else, and gets in the way.

tl;dr: How to make Adobe stop throwing error message for locally available fonts?

Return to posts index

Brent Marginet
Re: "This project uses fonts that are not currently available on this computer" but I have the font on my Mac
on Jun 10, 2017 at 10:03:02 pm

I could be very wrong about this but I would at least like to try and help.

Go into the Applications folder on the Mac and open Font Book.
Open it, select the font(s) and export them.
You should then be able to import them into windows.

Return to posts index

Scratch Sperber
Re: "This project uses fonts that are not currently available on this computer" but I have the font on my Mac
on Jun 10, 2017 at 10:15:04 pm

Sorry, I wasn't clear -- I have the fonts on my computer; my computer is a Mac, running El Capitan. But thanks for trying!

Return to posts index

Vince Becquiot
on Jun 10, 2017 at 11:47:00 pm

Are you sure they are enabled? Check font book and make sure there's no warning next to the font name.

Vince Becquiot

Indigo Live | Kaptis Media

San Francisco Bay Area

Return to posts index

Mark Landman
on Jun 10, 2017 at 11:54:38 pm

Try running Font Book. Can it see the font? Use the search box in the top right of the font book window to search for "Copperplate".

The middle column of the window should show the Copperplate font family with Light, Regular and Bold listed underneath it. If you don't see that there is something wrong with the way the font is installed.

Is the word "off" listed to the right of the font name and the weights? If so, the font was disabled somehow. Single-click on Copperplate to select it then click the empty square above it (to the right of the "+" sign) to activate it.

On my system the show font info window shows the font location as /Library/Fonts/Copperplate.ttc

Mark Landman
PM Productions
Champaign, IL

Return to posts index

Scratch Sperber
on Jun 11, 2017 at 4:49:40 pm

Yep, in Font Book. It's actually Copperplate Gothic Light and Copperplate Gothic Bold that I was using -- both have only "regular" under them. In addition to seeing those, I also see Copperplate (with light, regular and bold available) -- I synced that from Adobe Typekit. Problem is, it's a different font so it changes the look of all the titles. The titles look fine in Copperplate Gothic Bold, it's just that I can't get rid of the annoying message.

Validated font through Font Book; no duplicates; font is in computer, not user; shows in finder as Copperplate Gothic Light.ttf but I added that extension myself -- previously it had no extension. Copperplate is .ttc -- I tried that extension too but it didn't work either.

I'd reinstall font but I have no idea where it came from; it's been on the computer for years and I can't find an exact match online.

Oh well, there are bigger problems out there; this is manageable. Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]