48 FPS Timecode Snyc

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Weston Jones
48 FPS Timecode Snyc
on Jun 10, 2017 at 7:36:35 pm
Last Edited By Weston Jones on Jun 10, 2017 at 7:41:02 pm

Hello,

I'm looking for a method to sync audio from an external recorder to 48fps video footage. Production used a digital slate, so both audio and video have timecode.

I'm editing in 48FPS timebase. I'm not slowing down the 48 for slow motion in a 24 sequence. I'm going to output in High Frame Rate 48FPS, a la The Hobbit.

The method I'm using to sync audio and video with synced timecode is a workaround involving multicam sequences described here: https://vimeo.com/123657864. (Not all of my footage is in 48, some sequences were captured and will be edited in 24)

I have a feeling I will have to manually sync each file based on the clapper. But seems like there should be a way to batch it as 48 is perfectly double the 24. Is there a way to force timecode to double frames or something?

Any help is greatly appreciated thanks.

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
Re: 48 FPS Timecode Snyc
on Jun 13, 2017 at 9:12:46 am

I don't know of a way in Premiere, but I can write something that does this.
Assuming the BWF files are set to 24 fps, and there is 24 fps TC fed to the cam, things will work out if both cam and sound start at the exact same time.
This of course is never the case.
Now, if the cam writes 48 fps TC, the math is indeed simple and the BWF timestamp could be altered for the difference.
(video startime - bwf startime) / 2 to add to the BWF timestamp.
But another option would be to re-stripe the clips with 24 TC (Where thus you have identical TC for 2 frames.)

How many clips are we talking about?

Bouke
http://www.videotoolshed.com

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: 48 FPS Timecode Snyc
on Jun 13, 2017 at 3:40:32 pm

I would personally use a software that can natively run at that framerate.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]