FORUMS: list search recent posts

Relink 100+ offline files in Premiere, best way?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Clasman
Relink 100+ offline files in Premiere, best way?
on Jun 9, 2017 at 7:19:54 am
Last Edited By Tom Clasman on Jun 9, 2017 at 7:34:22 am

Using PP 2015, I'm 3/4 way through a fairly large project.
But all of a sudden, for some reason, half of all imported clips - who has always been working fine - has turned to "offline" files.
Yet the source clips are still where they always were. I can just do a "Link Media" and violá it works just like before.

My problem is, over 100 clips has turned "offline". Re-linking a file takes about 6 clicks, plus Premiere seems to crash every 10 files when I do this. Funny enough, the "Relink others automatically" function, when other offline files are found in the same directory, doesn't work. I believe the reason is that once an offline file is found, and linked, it produces a dialog saying:
"The selected file does not contain audio media used by clip references in one or more sequences. These audio clip references will be deleted, and cannot be undone. Do you want to continue?".
None of these offline files have any audio on them at all (because I'm doing a music video with an artist).

I'd like to ask of there are some other batch function for searching all offline files, that I may have missed?
Or if there are any other ideas and suggestions for solving this?

Thx in advance

Return to posts index

Michael Krueger
Re: Relink 100+ offline files in Premiere, best way?
on Jun 9, 2017 at 6:12:24 pm

Is your footage on an external drive? This same error happened to me a couple of times when drive speeds were too slow.
If so, the easiest thing would be to copy the files to an internal hard disk, find an old autosave and let Premiere do the relinking.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]