FORUMS: list search recent posts

Set to frame size in Premiere Pro CS6

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Samantha Carson
Set to frame size in Premiere Pro CS6
on Jun 8, 2017 at 3:10:36 am

Hi everyone,
I want to set the frame size of a movie I imported into premiere (have come from using FCP and it never did this!) because it must be compressed, so it is half the size of the frame. The file is 1.87 gb so I think I should be able to increase size without it pixellating (hopefully) and youtube seems to say I should set the frame size. But when I right click on the clip it just has scale to frame size (which is not as good i think!) and I can't find it anywhere else. Does anyone know if its just not in the version I've got, or is it called something different?
Would be very grateful if someone could clarify.
Thanks!

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: Set to frame size in Premiere Pro CS6
on Jun 8, 2017 at 6:16:10 am

If I remember correctly that feature is not in CS6 and it came a bit later. You can manually scale the clip to fit the frame size. If you have more clips you can copy the attributes from that clip to the others so you don't need to do it multiple times.

Return to posts index

Samantha Carson
on Jun 8, 2017 at 7:53:39 am

Thank you very much, I have been trying to solve this all day. So you mean click on that box in the effects control and just type in a value until it fills the frame? Wont that pixellate it?

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Jun 8, 2017 at 9:00:08 am

[Samantha Carson] " So you mean click on that box in the effects control and just type in a value until it fills the frame?"

Yes. You set the scale attribute until the image fills the frame.

[Samantha Carson] " Wont that pixellate it?"

If you're scaling up then there'll be some quality loss.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Jun 8, 2017 at 5:53:54 pm

Hi Samantha,

I think we're putting the cart before the horse here. We should be looking at the overall workflow before anything else.

First off, what are the dimensions of the video source clip, such as 720p (1280x720) or whatever? It is typically best to edit in a Sequence whose settings match the video (frame size, frame rate, pixel aspect, fields). The simplest way to get there is to right-click the video clip in the Project Bin and select New Sequence from Clip. Now you have a good foundation on which to base your work.

From there, what is the intended destination of the edited video? For YouTube export, choose H.264 and then there are presets for YouTube that you can select.

Please let us know the specs of the video source and we can proceed from there with ideas for the best workflow.

As for Scale to Frame, if it comes down to needing to use that, it can actually be enabled as a default in Preferences. Then any clips Imported after making that change will automatically be scaled to fit.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Samantha Carson
on Jun 12, 2017 at 3:13:04 am

Hi,
Thank you both for your replies. After looking at the specs I realised the imported video was 720 by 575!! Such low quality. I dont think it would be wise to scale up, so I am sourcing the original material. It seems so obvious now!
Thanks again,
-S

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]