FORUMS: list search recent posts

Inconsistent shadows using legacy titles in Premiere

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Nichols
Inconsistent shadows using legacy titles in Premiere
on Jun 6, 2017 at 1:57:02 pm

Ever since switching to the latest version of Premiere that "hides" what is now known as the legacy title tool, I am having problems with shadows and gradients.

Gradient rectangles created in projects created from our rough cut edit suite and opened in our finishing suite display much more transparent than how they look when created. Until now, I have muddled along and recreated the gradient rectangles. Today, I found a much different problem though

I nested 4 layers together (2 being title layers) and dropped a transition on the nested sequence so the transition would appear smooth without an opacity change in the shadows (Common technique I have done since my early Avid days). With the latest update to Premiere, that technique does not work.
last frame of transition:

first frame after transition:

timeline:

I am kind of dead in the water if there is no quick fix for this issue. So I can use advice ASAP! also look at shadow difference on the attached two screen captures which are the last frame of the transition and the first frame after the transition

Return to posts index

jerry wise
Re: Inconsistent shadows using legacy titles in Premiere
on Jun 7, 2017 at 3:12:50 pm

i had a similar problem with shadows. i'm on 2015.2 Premiere. in my Sequence settings i ticked "Maximum Bit Depth" and "Maximum Render Quality" and the problem went away. hope this helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]