FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cache Files are rebuilding in the former (common) location after changing it in preferences, cache file deletion, reinstall, clear preferences etc. – grateful for any assistance.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Barton
Cache Files are rebuilding in the former (common) location after changing it in preferences, cache file deletion, reinstall, clear preferences etc. – grateful for any assistance.
on Jun 2, 2017 at 8:07:41 pm
Last Edited By Matt Barton on Jun 3, 2017 at 9:22:59 am

Hello Everyone,
I updated to PP CC 2017.1 as a troubleshooting step to resolve problems with imports and simultaneously changed the media cache and database location to my 256 GB internal SSD.
I looked back to the common file to see which files/folders I should delete now that the media cache was directed to the SSD and discovered after many deletions of the media cache files folder and PP restarts that the media cache files folder was being rebuilt and repopulated in the common file. After more media cache files folder deletions (PP was closed), restarts, PP reinstall, clearing preferences, and project deletion and new project creation – same problem: PP rebuilds the media cache files folder and repopulates it upon importing clips in the common file EVERY TIME, regardless of the preferences setting directing to the SSD (D:).
Note: after reinstall and clearing preferences the preferences settings remain the same for the database and cache locations - that is to say they are retained in the PP preferences as the SSD (D:) after reinstall and clearing preferences as opposed to returning to default as I would have expected.
Thanks in advance for any help!
Matt

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]