FORUMS: list search recent posts

Some audio clips, though online, play without sound

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
George King
Some audio clips, though online, play without sound
on Jun 1, 2017 at 5:01:49 pm

I am working on a documentary feature, Premiere counts 15K clips. Using an iMac, 3.4GHz Intel core 7, 32GB RAM, running El Capitan. I have started to have audio problems, where some clips (less than 10% of total), are clearly online, but play without the audio.

I can fix this by taking them offline and then re-linking that, but needless to say, that is a pain every time I re-boot the project. There does not seem to be a logic to which files it picks--but many are MP4s.

I have tried deleting the cache, but that has not fixed it. Any thoughts gratefully received.

GK

Return to posts index

francois maurin
Re: Some audio clips, though online, play without sound
on Jun 7, 2017 at 11:03:27 pm

Yeah, occasionally I've had audio not playing in clips. Restarting Premiere fixes this.

Return to posts index

George King
on Jun 9, 2017 at 7:28:45 pm

Thanks for the comment, but it takes 15 minutes plus to re-start premiere (15K files) and that does not fix this problem.
GK

Return to posts index

Joe Barta IV
on Jun 9, 2017 at 6:59:28 pm

If it's the CC2017.1.1 version, I've noticed it a couple of times on some clips. If I hover the mouse over the volume adjustment in the sequence the pop-up shows the audio turned all the way down, but the volume line is still at the level where I set it. If I move the volume line a bit the audio is restored, but I have to set my level back to where I wanted it.

Bug #?

Joe

Living the SuiteLife!
Stuff for editors http://www.cafepress.com/suitelife

http://www.facebook.com/pages/SuiteLife/1524456414462851?ref=hl

Return to posts index

George King
on Jun 9, 2017 at 7:30:33 pm

I should have said I am using Premiere Pro CC version 15.4
GK

Return to posts index