FORUMS: list search recent posts

blurring an object with track mask when object starts offscreen

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Leonard Frankford
blurring an object with track mask when object starts offscreen
on Jun 1, 2017 at 4:08:19 pm

I am working on a project where I am using the track mask blur quite a bit to blur out some photos of children on the wall while a teacher is working with autistic kids. The feature is working great, but I am running into a little snag. On some clips (I didn't shoot the footage) the photos are offscreen until about 10 seconds into the clip, after the camera zooms out and pans. How do I apply a mask and track it to follow the photos when they haven't appeared yet? I have come up with two workarounds: place the playhead where the photos appear and using a static elliptical mask to blur them out. Make the mask large enough to cover any movement during the clip. The other workaround that doesn't work so well in this instance is to add an edit to the clip where the photos appear, and start the track mask there. But that doesn't cover the objects as they start to appear on the screen. I almost need to program the mask in reverse, telling the program to start where all the photos are on screen and work backwards to the start of the clip. I am new to this feature so any advice from experienced editors would be most helpful. Thanks.

Leonard F.

Return to posts index

Vince Becquiot
Re: blurring an object with track mask when object starts offscreen
on Jun 1, 2017 at 4:52:38 pm

Leonard,

You have to manual keyframe the mask. If you reduce your preview area, you can drag off screen.

Vince Becquiot

Indigo Live | Kaptis Media

San Francisco Bay Area

Return to posts index

Michael Krueger
Re: blurring an object with track mask when object starts offscreen
on Jun 8, 2017 at 6:07:30 pm

Hey Leonard,
I believe the best way would be to track the footage backwards until Premiere loses the track, stop the tracker, move the playhead to 10 frames or so before the track is lost, drag the mask to where you expect your object to be and maybe delete the last couple of keyframes when the track was already bad.
That should give your mask a smooth way in and make sure everything is on point.

Best,
Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]