Stabilizing lens flare

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marcell Simó
Stabilizing lens flare
on May 30, 2017 at 2:59:51 pm
Last Edited By Marcell Simó on May 30, 2017 at 4:46:32 pm

Hello everyone!

I shot a clip for a short movie from a crane and the shot happened to be shaky. I managed to stabilize it with the warp stabilizer however the lens flare remained shaky. Do you know any solution for this problem? Do you think Moch could do a better job? The source is 4K Prores anamorphic from the GH5.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Stabilizing lens flare
on May 30, 2017 at 10:08:30 pm

I have to tell you, I couldn't even see what you were talking about until the seventh viewing. And even then I didn't find the lens flare motion to to be distracting, annoying or unnatural-looking.

What's a NATURAL-looking lens flare supposed to look like, anyway?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Ann Bens
on May 30, 2017 at 10:39:21 pm
Last Edited By Ann Bens on May 30, 2017 at 10:41:00 pm

Me too, had to watch it several times to see the actual lens flare you were talking about.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

Stephen Abbott
on May 31, 2017 at 8:00:47 am

Did the camera have any optical stabilisation turned on? The GH5 can do lens or sensor, or both. Anamorphic means no lens stabiliser, but perhaps the GH5 sensor shift was active? That looks to me like what's going on.

Unfortunately, that kind of second-order (corrective) shake will affect the lens flaring separately from the scene shaking. The software stabiliser looks like it's done a great job on the scene, but the flare shake will be mostly remain. I doubt other stabilisers will do much better.

The up-side: I agree with the others, it's hard to see on the first few viewings...

-
Stephen Abbott

Return to posts index

Marcell Simó
on May 31, 2017 at 12:56:47 pm

Thanks for the replies. Yeah the sensor stabilization was turned on also the camera was mounted on a ronin mx. I'm glad you had a hard time recognizing the shaky lens flare, for me it's hard not to see but I've seen it too many times :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]