FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hey Adobe, here's an idea

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Duke Sweden
Hey Adobe, here's an idea
on May 29, 2017 at 12:41:02 pm

Why don't you create your own video player software? Once again VLC, which is the best player by far, is messing up again. My videos look terrible, all ragged with bad color, after it was working beautifully after Chris Wright's fix months ago. As always when I open the video in Premiere Pro it looks exactly the same as the video I exported, so it's not me. Even out of camera video looks like it was shot with a Fisher-Price "My L'il Camera".

So, I'm suggesting that Adobe perhaps create a video player that adheres to its specs. Of course it's only me talking here so I don't expect a response.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Hey Adobe, here's an idea
on May 29, 2017 at 1:55:27 pm

Hey, that's a darned good idea, Duke. A lot of people are saying, "Why didn't I think of that?" right now, I rhink.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on May 29, 2017 at 8:53:52 pm

Scratch play is free and has pro features: http://www.assimilateinc.com/products/scratch-play/

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on May 31, 2017 at 5:50:16 pm

We use Telestream's Switch Plus. The free one does a great job but doesn't support CC. If your footage type is supported I would give it a try.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on May 31, 2017 at 7:44:47 pm

Duke, the best way to be heard is to file a feature request:
http://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

I know I've requested exactly this in the past, and I hope others here who would find an Adobe Video Player valuable would join us in filing feature requests. The more, the merrier!

I like SCRATCH Play a lot, but it's got a ton of features and a pretty complicated UI. Telestream Switch is a very nice player that's approachable and straightforward to use.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on Jun 1, 2017 at 2:39:10 am

Wow, not only did I get responses, but I got them from the big boys ☺

I'll try those two you guys mentioned. I know that before, every player other than VLC was filled with advertisements and stuff, weird screen configuration defaults that always had to be changed. Never heard of these two before so I'll give them shot.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on Jun 1, 2017 at 2:56:09 am

As a follow up, Switch's colors were way off, too yellow/orange. Scratch installed, but there's no executable file and no option to choose it from the list of video players on my PC. Weird.

Return to posts index

greg janza
on Jun 1, 2017 at 8:16:29 pm

thanks for the suggestion to use Switch. It works perfectly and it's a great replacement for VLC which has been problematic for awhile in that it can't play back mxf files smoothly on my system.

Adobe Premiere 2017.1.1
Windows 10 Pro
Samsung SSD 850 EVO system
Samsung SSD 850 EVO Adobe cache
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
OWC Thunderbay 12t x 2 in Raid10 configuration (thru Storage Spaces and Disk Management)

Return to posts index

Andy Edwards
on Jun 2, 2017 at 1:45:19 am

For those of you still using VLC be sure to update to the latest version due to security issues in the player. You can read about it here.

http://blog.checkpoint.com/2017/05/23/hacked-in-translation/

Andy Edwards

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Jun 2, 2017 at 7:34:07 am

[Duke Sweden] "Scratch installed, but there's no executable file"

c:/program files/assimilate/bin64/assimilator.exe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]