FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio and Video Batch Sync Timecode

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Weston Jones
Audio and Video Batch Sync Timecode
on May 26, 2017 at 11:12:21 pm

Hi,

How do I batch sync audio and video files using timecode in premiere pro cc? I have 5 days worth of video footage, with audio recorded externally using a digital slate with timecode.

I would like to sync all of my files as the first step in editing, not later once I have sequences. (I don't have any reference audio from the camera to begin editing).

Thank you.

Ben

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Audio and Video Batch Sync Timecode
on May 27, 2017 at 1:40:10 am

Sorry, but without a guide track on the footage you can't batch sync or successfully use any app such as Pluraleyes - both the built-in sync function in Premiere and Pluraleyes sync waveforms from the 2nd system audio with the waveforms from the guidetrack on the camera footage.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Weston Jones
on May 27, 2017 at 3:16:09 am

Uhhhhh. Really? There is not way to sync picture to audio using timecode? isnt that the point of timecode?

Is there some other software people use with premiere?

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on May 27, 2017 at 5:09:11 pm

Do your audio and video have matching timecode?

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Weston Jones
on Jun 2, 2017 at 7:58:04 pm

Sorry i wasnt subscribed to this thread and didnt see your response.

Yes my audio and video has the same timecode. I used a digital slate.

The only work around I saw was to batch sync the audio/video using a workaround involving multicam sequences. There are some tutorials around, where you can select multiple audio and video files and create multicam sequence based on timecode, and select new multicam sequence for each clip. This sounds a little wonky to me, adding another step, but maybe the best way?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Weston Jones
on Jun 10, 2017 at 7:39:08 pm

For others interested, here is the multicam work around

video tutorial:

Longer discussion on Adobe's help site where I found the above: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1067749

Works fine so far.

Return to posts index

Søren Nowakowski
on Sep 2, 2017 at 3:44:28 pm

I'm late, I know. But for any one else dealing with this problem in Premiere in the future, I thought I might suggest the solution.

Just last night I had the same issue. Hours of footage, no audio ref on footage, only timecodes from both.

I researched and found https://www.tentaclesync.com/#download

Apparently they make the hardware need for timecode syncing on set, but they also have software to go along with it. It's not free though, but they do offer a 14 day trial. One quick trip to my email account later and I was good to go.

I opened the program, drag'n'dropped all my footage and my audio in the same "bin", and presto. All synced via timecode. Didn't even have to click any "sync" button first. That's even better than a one-lock-solution 😃
Exported an XML, import in PPro, og voila. A nicely synced timeline. From here I go in and trim audio overflows manually and link footage and audio together per clip. So that part still sucks, but the frustration of the sync proces is out of the equation now. Saved me a couple of hours ☺

Hope it can help some of you having the same issue!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]