FORUMS: list search recent posts

Randomizing Position and Y Axis Keyframes

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christian Phelps
Randomizing Position and Y Axis Keyframes
on May 25, 2017 at 2:12:07 am

Hey guys,

I'm working on a project in which I have about 200 individual graphic images popping onto the screen and then all of them are key framed to slide up on the y axis until it exits frame.

I do not know how to randomize this effect as I want each image to start at a random area of the frame and then fly up the y axis. (Right now they're all duplicates following the same path as the first image)

basically I am asking for an easy way to randomize the image's starting position, and then have it slide up the y axis at the same rate as the other images.

Thanks in advance guys,

C

Return to posts index

Alex Udell
Re: Randomizing Position and Y Axis Keyframes
on May 25, 2017 at 11:50:00 am

Hey Christian....

three's no scripting or expressions in Ppro....

so this would be something that would have to be done by hand here.

If you are looking fro some sort of automation...

You might be able to accomplish it with AE via a script....

but I couldn't tell ya exactly how...

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX
Let's Connect on Linkedin
Examples: Retail Automotive Motion Graphics Spots
Example: Customer Facing Explainer Video
Example: Infotainment & Package editorial

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on May 25, 2017 at 11:52:26 am

Do it all in AE, its a ton o fun ;)

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on May 25, 2017 at 3:04:54 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on May 25, 2017 at 3:22:27 pm

I agree with Eric Santiago -- this is a job for After Effects, not PP.

Furthermore, I'll bet you don't REALLY mean "random". "Random" implies that sometime you might get 4 images in a row rising on the right side of the screen. If it's random, it could happen. You probably don't want that.

"Random" also implies values you may not want at all. Do you really want an image rising on the extreme left hand side of the screen that you can barely see... or even notice? Probably not. But if it's random, it could happen.

No, I bet you're really looking for a quality that might be described as "unexpected", which is much more difficult than "random".
It implies that you have to plan and think, change your mind, do some work over again and devise a final product that meets YOUR expectations of "unexpected". Ultimately, YOU'RE responsible for the look. Not some automated process you can blame.

If you haven't used After Effects before, here' a handy metaphor:
Leaning Premiere Pro is like becoming able to drive a car safely under all road, traffic and weather conditions.
Learning After Effects is like becoming able to fly a successful combat mission in an F-22 Raptor stealth fighter, facing hostile opposition.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Christian Phelps
on May 25, 2017 at 6:24:55 pm

Thanks Dave,

Learning AE is definitely a goal of mine! Ended up creating about 20 pieces by hand and then just duplicating them in the sequence, removing the attributes of the following 180 pieces, and then using pieces 1-20 to copy and apply attributes the remaining 180.

-Christian

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]