FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017 After Capturing Mini DV Tape Audio Problems Fast Cue ?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
fernando zuniga
Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017 After Capturing Mini DV Tape Audio Problems Fast Cue ?
on May 24, 2017 at 4:00:48 am

After I captured a Mini DV Tape from a Client , the Video plays normal but the Audio is at Fast-Cue It sounds like the Chipmunks . Can Someone Help Me with this Issue.I tried with Adobe Support but they are closed.

Return to posts index

andy patterson
Re: Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017 After Capturing Mini DV Tape Audio Problems Fast Cue ?
on May 24, 2017 at 4:17:16 am

Could you post a screen shot of the capture settings? Does it sound like the chipmunks in other programs?

Return to posts index

fernando zuniga
Re: Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017 After Capturing Mini DV Tape Audio Problems Fast Cue ?
on May 24, 2017 at 4:30:22 pm

It's only happening with tape 3

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on May 24, 2017 at 4:53:22 pm

It sounds like incorrect capture settings. Some DV devices recorded audio at a 32 kHz sample rate. The standard now for almost everything is 48 kHz.

I'd double check how you're capturing.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jon Doughtie
on May 24, 2017 at 4:56:49 pm

The evil, dirty little "secret" of miniDV - the LP speed with 50% more time per tape and 32k sampled audio.

Sometimes tapes recorded with it will only play properly on the original device they were recorded with. Back in the day, I advised folks to avoid LP recording on miniDV like the plague.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2015.02 (as of 6/2016)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from HD MP4 and P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

fernando zuniga
on May 24, 2017 at 5:38:50 pm

With the camera and on the finder window the audio sounds normal, but, once i do playback the audio is bad.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on May 25, 2017 at 2:25:25 pm

Besides that, what other steps have you now taken to fix this problem?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]