FORUMS: list search recent posts

premiere pro 2017 won't finish locating media and then won't link footage

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lewis Stiefel
premiere pro 2017 won't finish locating media and then won't link footage
on May 24, 2017 at 1:16:49 am

Hope someone can help out there. I was working on a project with multiple file formats. Everything was fine for the past week. Suddenly certain clips would not play. I restarted and now half of my clips won't relink.. I get a generic error code when I find the clip and hit ok. Also when launching the project it never fully loads the media bringing me to the relink issue. I'm at my wits end. Thoughts? Solutions? Thanks.

Lew

Return to posts index

Kris Sheehan
Re: premiere pro 2017 won't finish locating media and then won't link footage
on May 24, 2017 at 2:01:15 pm

I've been running into an issue where my media shows up as pending and despite everything being loaded never leaves that pending status. A system reboot is the solution I've found.

Return to posts index

Andy Edwards
on May 24, 2017 at 7:02:09 pm
Last Edited By Andy Edwards on May 24, 2017 at 7:03:07 pm

What versions of Premiere are you working in? (there have been 3 updates to PPro 2017) What Computer OS?

If you worked on this project in a previous version of Premiere and upgraded, delete all your media cache folders. Create a clean project and import your old project through the media browser. Premiere will need time to recreate all your media cache so make sure you are not in a rush before attempting this fix. Also, if you have any custom workspaces, delete them and rebuild them in the new version of Premiere.

Andy Edwards

Return to posts index

Lewis Stiefel
on May 24, 2017 at 11:16:47 pm

Thanks for your reply and suggestions. I was running the latest version of CC 2017 before the last update., OS 10.12.2. There were 2 problems that happened. First when loading media it would never finish. When I cancelled, I manually tried to link assorted clips. I then discovered....and I can't understand how this happened...media that was on my drive had vanished!! ...There were pek files where the original media was. What the hell. I luckily had the media on a backup drive.
I deleted all the folders on the corrupted??? drive.. reformatted and then copied back over to that drive...I needed to use that drive because of its speed. Have you ever heard of media vanishing like that. In all my years of editing thats a first.

Return to posts index

Andy Edwards
on May 25, 2017 at 1:34:08 am

Yes, the deletion of original media was a bug in the last version. Adobe released a patch due to the issue. You can read about it here: https://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/premiere-pro-11-1-1-update/
Please upgrade to the new version to avoid this critical issue.

If you save your cache files next to originals in your prefs and cleaned your cache, it would delete the original media. Thus the reason to always locate your Media Cache files in another folder not anywhere near your original media.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]