FORUMS: list search recent posts

Restoring clip audio levels in CC "2013"

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Withers
Restoring clip audio levels in CC "2013"
on May 23, 2017 at 5:06:12 pm

Hello all,
I'm finding two ways to change audio levels for individual clips: the gain pop-up window and dragging the level band in the timeline. They don't seem to be aware of each other. Changing in the pop-up window doesn't change the level band and vice versa. The pop-up window doesn't seem to have any memory of previous adjustments--it starts again at a 0 dB reference every time you use it. The level band of course has a visual memory. Am I missing something obvious? Is there any easy way to restore gain to the original level?
What I want to do is find/go back to the original levels on a clip before I started adjusting gain.
Many thanks,
Robert

Robert Withers

Independent/personal/avant-garde cinema, New York City

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Restoring clip audio levels in CC "2013"
on May 23, 2017 at 7:55:38 pm

This may not be elegant, but it will work...

Toggle the Linked Selection icon in the timeline off. Delete the bad audio track. Then do a match frame edit to add the audio track back, with its original level.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Robert Withers
on May 24, 2017 at 12:30:09 am

Actually, I'm reminded there's a third way: to adjust volume in the Effect Controls Panel. The clunkiest method of all, but it may be reversible by resetting Volume to 0 or perhaps by moving the effect.
My beloved Visual Quickstart Guide says the audio levels are mirrored between the Effect Controls and the Timeline, so maybe this is the answer. We would dispense with the convenient Audio Gain pop-up, which doesn't seem to have a memory or be mirrored anywhere.

Robert Withers

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on May 24, 2017 at 2:13:57 pm

That's a bit more elegant...

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Robert Withers
on May 24, 2017 at 10:29:53 pm

Plus the Clip Mixer mirrors the Volume Band in the Timeline and also has a memory. So maybe it's good to work with the Clip Mixer open when working on audio tracks. Still trying to understand the Gain Pop-up, since it's got normalization controls that I don't see elsewhere.

Robert Withers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]