FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transition effect

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Yoshi San
Transition effect
on May 20, 2017 at 4:47:20 am

Hello all,

I recently stumbled upon a really neat transition effect that i seen in a video on youtube. I sometimes take videos of cars and wonder how this effect is created. I can not find source on this. Any body with knowledge can point me in the right direction or provide a tutorial or instructions?

The link to the video is provided here:

The transition effect happens at mark 12:14-12:15 and continues to 12:30. I find these transitions neat and very smooth, not harsh like other transitions.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Transition effect
on May 20, 2017 at 3:51:47 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on May 20, 2017 at 7:11:09 pm

You need 2 Shots -- the outgoing shot and the incoming shot. If you pan left on the outgoing shot, you must pan left to get to the incoming shot. Pan slowly.

Take the shots into After Effects. I don't think PP can do it. Animate Time Remapping to make the slow pan into a fast pan, and also animate the Vector Blur / Directional blur effect. Animate opacity in the middle of the pans.

I very highly doubt this can be done in PP, and I wouldn't even try it myself.
Perhaps a braver soul will concoct a way to create a blatant visual effects shot in a video editing application. I say that trying to do it would be like making custom cabinetry with a Swiss Army knife.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Vince Becquiot
Re: Transition effect
on May 21, 2017 at 1:52:28 am

I think these are actually canned transitions from Film Impact: https://www.filmimpact.net/plugin/transition-pack-2/

Zoom blur and Impact Directional Blur. They are definitely quicker.

Vince Becquiot

Indigo Live | Kaptis Media

San Francisco Bay Area

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]