FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems with markers on two systems

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anna Graham
Problems with markers on two systems
on May 18, 2017 at 9:17:18 pm

I'm currently setting up working on a project with another editor. We both have identical hard drives and have been sharing our Premiere project file back and forth between the two of us (usually over Drop Box or email). Everything seems fine for the most part, but we've run into a big problem when it comes to markers.

For example, I will use markers extensively while editing to mark important moments in a sequence, but whenever I send the other editor the project file, those markers mysteriously disappear on the second system. They still show up on my project file, but not there's, even though we are working from the exact same project file with identical hard drives and media.

I know that there is a way to export marker data, but that only exports the data as a text or .html file. Is there any way to preserve the markers between the two editing systems? Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Brent Marginet
Re: Problems with markers on two systems
on May 19, 2017 at 12:44:35 am

I just read something about this and the latest version of Premiere.

Uncheck the box under Preferences/Media/Write clip markers to XMP and then they should show up on both systems when passing the project back and forth. I leave mine checked because the markers I create are irrelevant and are not needed by the assistant editor.

I've attached a screen grab, hope it shows up for you.

Return to posts index

Brent Marginet
on May 19, 2017 at 12:49:13 am

Lets try that again.

Return to posts index

Alex Udell
on May 19, 2017 at 11:55:55 am

Hi....

Here's a thread I was on a while back about this

https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/3/963613#963725

hope that helps...

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX
Let's Connect on Linkedin
Examples: Retail Automotive Motion Graphics Spots
Example: Customer Facing Explainer Video
Example: Infotainment & Package editorial

Return to posts index

Brent Marginet
on May 19, 2017 at 2:45:08 pm

Heres a link to a Video that explains what't happening with the markers.
Now I assumed that since your exchanging the Projects via Dropbox that you may be working with pretty much the same media but copying it to each system before it's been XMP Tagged by one or the other projects. This check box essentially attaches the Markers to the Media when checked and Embeds them into the Project if unchecked.

http://www.creativeimpatience.com/premiere-pro-clip-markers-solved/

Hope that this helps.
It's working perfectly for us on our project.
Mine is checked and they do not get passed on to the Assistant Editor at another location as we want.
His is unchecked and they do get passed to the Editor from the Assistant Editor as we need at yet another location.

I'm rendering the Red Media to DNxHD 36 QT Movies and and then syncing the Audio to the Video. The media is then sent off to the two editors and copied to they're respective drives before any tagging of the media can be done. When the Assistant editor exports his daily project the Editor is seeing all of his markers.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]