FORUMS: list search recent posts

Clip metadata within Premiere

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Dean
Clip metadata within Premiere
on May 17, 2017 at 12:11:15 pm

Good morning - the cameraman who shot the project I'm editing is asking for the metadata on certain shots from a second camera that he did not shoot. He wants to know the lens, iris, ISO, etc. of the original shots. I've been looking through the metadata options in the project window and can't find those details. Does anyone know where I can find that information, or whether Premiere can tell me that at all? (I also just tried to open a shot with a version of XDCAM Transfer that I hadn't used in years, and nothing would import, from the single shot back through the entire XDROOT folder.) Thanks...

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
Re: Clip metadata within Premiere
on May 17, 2017 at 1:28:58 pm

That's assuming all that info was applied during the shoot from lens too camera.

I know that my RED Scarlet records all that info if the lens is supported (electronics).
For me, only EF lenses apply that metadata to the clips.

I have a third-party PL mount that doesn't support electronic info.

Return to posts index

andy patterson
on May 17, 2017 at 1:49:50 pm

If you start watching the video below at 12:40 it might be what you are looking for.

Return to posts index

David Dean
on May 17, 2017 at 5:53:17 pm

Thanks, Andy - the video did confirm that I was looking in the right place, but I opened up every possible tab in the metadata display looking for the specific data I was being asked to find, and this was the closest that was there:

(Gosh, that's big) ...and most of the parameters are blank or unaccessible (no check-boxes). (Unless I'm reading it wrong, which is always conceivable.) It's possible that Eric was right, that the metadata was never there to begin with, based on the camera lens. Beats me!

Thank you again.

Return to posts index

andy patterson
on May 17, 2017 at 6:44:42 pm

I don't have a high-end camera to test out how the metadata works in Premiere Pro. Maybe someone else will.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]