FORUMS: list search recent posts

Warp Stabilizer and Adjustment Layers

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Waqas Zafar
Warp Stabilizer and Adjustment Layers
on May 17, 2017 at 12:08:56 pm

Hi, I am in a bit of messed up situation. I have been facing some trouble with adjustment layers and warp stabilizer. After working intensively on a huge project having many clips warp stabilized, when i add adjustment layers including Lumetri Colour Corrector and Noise Reduction Plugin above the the clips on a separate video, all the warp stabilizers need analyzing again. Is there something I am doing wrong?

Return to posts index

Jon Doughtie
Re: Warp Stabilizer and Adjustment Layers
on May 17, 2017 at 5:09:53 pm

No, you aren't doing anything wrong.

Warp Stabilizer is a peculiar animal. It's the one effect where I render out a new file for each stabilized shot that goes into the edit, so the stabilization is "baked in".

This ends all other issues with it for me while I edit.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2015.02 (as of 6/2016)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from HD MP4 and P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

Waqas Zafar
on May 17, 2017 at 6:17:48 pm

Thanks for the reply. Would it be OK to nest that particular clip before putting an adjustment layer on top?

Return to posts index

Peter Garaway
on May 19, 2017 at 10:24:52 pm

Hi Waqas,

To answer your question, it's fine to nest your clips. I'm not 100% that will solve your problem as I don'tI don't have any plugins installed at the moment to verify. I believe it's the 3rd party plugins that are requiring you to reanalyze your clips.

I'll see about getting some installed. If you run the test yourself let us know how it goes.

Best,

Peter

Peter Garaway
Adobe
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on May 21, 2017 at 12:10:28 am

How do you like taking chances? If you don't mind risk, nest away! Just don't be disappointed if it doesn't work.

I for one do not trust Adobe to be able to pull off complicated stuff. If I were you I would stabilize the clips -- incuding edit handles -- and export them. They then become like any other clip and should be just fine.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]