FORUMS: list search recent posts

2017.1 deletion bug?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Heagy
2017.1 deletion bug?
on May 16, 2017 at 6:41:36 pm

I'm surprised this didn't make it to this forum. Forgive me if it did and I missed it despite my search.

There are a few reports of 2017.1 deleting media.
I assume nobody here has encountered this?

http://reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?157775-Premiere-2017-1-MAJOR-BUG-De...

http://www.newsshooter.com/2017/05/10/adobe-premiere-pro-version-2017-1-use...

John

Return to posts index

Simon Ubsdell
Re: 2017.1 deletion bug?
on May 16, 2017 at 8:19:52 pm

Adobe are recommending this workaround for now:

In the meantime, do one of the following: 1 > Set you cache file location back to the default location. You can do this quickly by trashing your user preferences (hold down Alt (on Win) or Option (on Mac)) and then launch Premiere Pro. Or... 2 > Create a custom folder on whichever drive you want to use and direct your cache files to this location. Keep all files other than the Media Cache file out of this location.

The problem seems to occur when there are loose files (not in folders) at the same file level as you Media Cache.

Simon Ubsdell
tokyo productions
hawaiki

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on May 16, 2017 at 11:26:33 pm

[Simon Ubsdell] "The problem seems to occur when there are loose files (not in folders) at the same file level as you Media Cache."

This seems to imply that if you check the "save cache next to originals" option, you could be in trouble. The other option is to leave that unchecked and either use the default Library folder or set up an a different folder just for cache files. If using the "save next to originals" option is not the case, then how would the Media Cache get into a folder with loose files? If you specifically set the Media Cache folder to be the same folder as your footage?

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Reg Santo Tomas
on May 17, 2017 at 6:25:12 pm

11.1.1 has just been released and it changes the behavior of the media cache policy.

Only files located within the sub-directories of the cache folder are subject for deletion. These are directories that are generated by Premiere Pro where .cfa, .pek files, etc are located.

Reg

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on May 18, 2017 at 11:44:31 pm

I would also suggest setting your prefs to "Do not automatically delete cache files". Just a precaution. Better to manage these manually.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Simon Ubsdell
on May 19, 2017 at 2:40:15 pm

It's worth installing this week's update which is meant to have addressed this issue:

Premiere Pro 11.1.1 update:

Today we’re releasing an update for Premiere Pro CC 2017. The 11.1.1 update contains two important bug fixes, and is highly recommended for all users.

You can install the update through the Creative Cloud desktop application, or you can check for new updates from within any Creative Cloud application by choosing Help > Updates. Please note that it can take 24 hours or more for all of our global data centers to receive the update. If the update isn’t available for you right now, please check back later.

The 11.1.1 bug-fix update for Premiere Pro addresses an issue with the recently introduced feature to clear the Media Cache Folder automatically after 90 days.

The update changes the behavior of the media cache deletion. With 11.1.1, only files that are within the Media Cache folder’s subdirectories will be deleted. Files that sit next to it will no longer be affected. However, we still strongly recommend keeping the Media Cache folder separate from your original media.

If you want the cache files to be available for a longer period of time (the default is 90 days), it’s easy to change the preference by going to Premiere Pro CC -> Preferences -> Media Cache.

The second issue addressed with this update is a variation in peak amplitude when normalizing all peaks on audio clips. This no longer results in extreme positive or negative values.

Simon Ubsdell
tokyo productions
hawaiki

Return to posts index

Paul King
on May 23, 2017 at 1:10:10 am

I had this version of Premiere and it deleted media and projects on me, some I cant get back.
Why am I still being charged when the update was so catastrophic?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]