FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere 5.1 monitoring

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Guarri
Premiere 5.1 monitoring
on May 12, 2017 at 3:21:20 pm

I'm working on a movie tha has 5.1 audio. My timeline has mono channels mapped L R C Lfe Ls Rs and my master fader is 5.1... When I monitor the timeline in the 5.1 editing room I have no problems (obviously), but if I want to monitor it on a stereo editing room (both have an 8 channel audio interface) I can only hear L and R from Premiere. Can I configure Premiere (or my mac) a downmix without creating submixes or changing the timeline settings?

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
Re: Premiere 5.1 monitoring
on May 14, 2017 at 3:49:34 am

I'm not sure how to do it but yes, you can. I'm surprised no one has responded to you. I do believe you have to set up your audio channels before you even create a sequence. There's got to be a short tutorial about it on adobe's forums. Hopefully someone who knows how (and I know you're out there!) will respond.

Return to posts index

Paul Guarri
on May 14, 2017 at 8:39:37 pm

Thanks for your reply. I looked for the video you mentioned on adobe's forum but I didn't find it.

My audio channels in the sequence are correctly set up for 5.1 and I don't want to change it... My problem is I have to check some graphic overlays and subtitles: on both my eight channel audio interfaces and two audio monitors I only hear the LR channels and no voice (Center channel). I guess (I hope) there's a way to tell Premiere or osx something like "please, pretend this is a two channels audio interface and mixdown" like usually happens if I listen through my laptop speakers.

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on May 15, 2017 at 11:52:09 am

Oh, sorry, I totally misunderstood your problem.

Return to posts index

Simon Ubsdell
on May 15, 2017 at 1:12:44 pm

What I tend to do here for temp monitoring purposes is to add a stereo submix track and route the 5.1 mix to that.

Simon Ubsdell
tokyo productions
hawaiki

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on May 15, 2017 at 12:06:52 pm

There's a little left/right speaker looking monitor all channels-button in the audio track mixer tab just above the master fader.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]