FORUMS: list search recent posts

Keyframing 4 Time Ramped Clips

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick Jones
Keyframing 4 Time Ramped Clips
on May 11, 2017 at 3:21:05 am

So I have one 4K clip on a 1080p timeline that I've cut into 4 clips. I've given each one a time ramp % and now want to slide, and dolly out and pan but I can't figure out how.

Here are the steps I've taken:

Group (didn't do anything noticeable)
Nest at 50% (that's 4K downscaled to the 1080p timeline) but the nest is at 1080p, so you can then get the 4K to be able to get the desired outcome.
Export (Same Source as Sequence) bur again it's 1080p. (only option I see here is having to set up ANOTHER timeline and reporting the 4K then ingest into the 1080p timeline which would give me the ability.

BUT Im assuming there has to be a quicker way in 2017. Let me know ☺ TIA

MBP 2.93ghz 16gb RAM, 2 Internal Samsung 840 Pro Main HDD, DVD Cage swap with Samsung 840 Pro. Premier Pro - Capture One, Phocus and Lightroom (all current versions) Adobe CS6 and Premier Pro, Apple Compressor.

Return to posts index

Dan Powers
Re: Keyframing 4 Time Ramped Clips
on May 11, 2017 at 3:55:26 pm

You have a few problems in terminology that are probably limiting the responses you seek.
Time Ramp %? You mean speed changes per clip, or are you actually are making the speed accelerate over time on each clip?

Next you say you want to "slide, and dolly out and pan". What the hell does that mean??
Slide? Dolly out? Pan I get. Sounds like you are wanting to do some post-production moves on your 4K clip in a 1080 timeline. Dolly is a production term, not post. So we have to assume you want to control the scale and X + Y values over time with keyframes.

Now assuming you are having problems with nesting is because you need to create a 4K timeline with your four clips, and THEN nest it as a 4K nest. That 4K nest would then be put in a 1080 timeline for zooms and such. Put 4K clip or nest on 1080 timeline. Select the clip or nest on the timeline, click on effect controls tab in the top area over the source monitor.
From there you will see Position and Scale controls for adding keyframes and positions. Two keyframes are required to make a move.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]