FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shortcut for Dragging/Moving Clip?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roger Alexander
Shortcut for Dragging/Moving Clip?
on May 11, 2017 at 2:58:52 am

My process for editing music videos is to slice clips that I like, and delete the ones I don't. Then out of the ones I like, I go back and review them to select the "best" takes out of the clips I like. I create an adjustment layer (solely to serve as a visual divider). After I watch the liked clips I will select the BEST clips and I designate them the best by dragging them up above the adjustment layer. Leaving the ones that I just like, below the adjustment layer.

I'm looking for a shortcut that I can click that will automatically move the clip above the adjustment layer, at the same time marker of its original position. The clips are synced to audio of the music so they can't move forward or backwards in time. It has to move directly up. So if a clip at 2:23 is a best clip, I'll either drag it up above adjustment layer or copy and paste it there at 2:23.

Any ideas on how I could do this, its just a really repetitive process that I'd like to be more efficient with.

Anyone recommend any other methods of designating your best shots?

Return to posts index

Mark Ogden
Re: Shortcut for Dragging/Moving Clip?
on May 12, 2017 at 3:24:34 pm

YES PLEASE! This function is in other Adobe applications....in After Effects CMD + ] or CMD + [ will move a selected layer up or down. Same in Photoshop. Would be GREAT to have in Premier too.

mdo out!

Return to posts index

Peter Garaway
Re: Shortcut for Dragging/Moving Clip?
on May 15, 2017 at 4:42:54 pm

Hi Roger,

You can hold Option + (Up Arrow or Down Arrow) to move clips up and down tracks but as you probably discovered, this overwrites other clips on the track it is being moved to. The best option probably is to do what you're currently doing. May others will have ideas.

A feature request to nudge clips without overwriting until the edit is committed would be cool.

http://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Peter Garaway
Adobe
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]