FORUMS: list search recent posts

Strange color aberration

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Duke Sweden
Strange color aberration
on May 9, 2017 at 3:25:07 pm

My monitor looks exactly the same as it has since I last tweaked it. However, suddenly I'm getting this oversaturated blue effect on areas that are supposed to be black. I took a screenshot from a video that shows this effect. It happens on youtube videos as well as, say, baseball highlight videos on ESPN. I've tried lowering saturation, setting the monitor to "warm" as opposed to "cool". No difference. Does this effect look familiar to anyone and could it possibly be the monitor (which is just a 32" HDTV) has crapped out on my? And if the picture looks perfectly normal on your monitor, please let me know as well.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Strange color aberration
on May 9, 2017 at 4:26:49 pm

Nope, that shot looks blue to me too, Duke.
It's as if someone got that shot at dusk without re-white balancing.

So I think your monitor's off the hook, which actually is too bad.
It's something more fundamental -- you can see it in screen shots! How does THAT happen?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jon Doughtie
on May 9, 2017 at 5:04:47 pm

Agree with Dave. Has that distinctive blue cast that says, I wish I had re-whited."

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2015.02 (as of 6/2016)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from HD MP4 and P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on May 9, 2017 at 5:21:30 pm

Thanks, fellas. But as I said, I get that even when watching baseball highlights on ESPN, as well as Vimeo. The source doesn't matter. In fact while watching the video of a homerun against the Yankees at Wrigley Field the entire bleacher crowd looked like that. It was weird, most of them were wearing pink t-shirts in support of cancer research, so it just looked like a sea of pink and glowing blue.

I can only think of one other thing. Here's a link to that video I did the screenshot of. That was captured at exactly 1 minute in and continues for a few seconds (it also happens in other parts of the video). If you feel like it, play the video directly and see if you get the same effect then. Again, it happens at exactly 1 minute in if you don't want to watch the whole thing.

Oh, yeah, the reason I haven't been around lately is I sold my house and am moving to a much more beautiful part of the state, so soon I'll be doing some outdoor shooting instead of the green screen stuff I used to do. Hurray for me! ;-)

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on May 9, 2017 at 6:11:16 pm

I might have found the cause. I jiggle my HDMI in from the PC and it cleared up. Blues are still over saturated but I'm guessing the HDMI cable might be bad or might need to be jiggled a bit more. Thanks for responding though, guys. It helped narrow my search for a solution.

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on May 10, 2017 at 1:47:06 am

Nope, I'm still getting that aberration. I have a dual monitor system, the other monitor is an actual PC monitor. I dragged a page from my browser over to the other monitor and it also shows that blue oversaturation. So now I know it's not the monitors. The search continues!

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on May 10, 2017 at 6:10:06 am

Have you tried looking at some standard setup image like color bars on your monitors? How do they look? You can generate those in Premiere.

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on May 10, 2017 at 8:06:57 am

I went into my graphics card software and reset "video" to default and it seems to have cleared it up this time. Another example of computers changing settings on their own. Thanks again, everybody.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]