can't copy and paste footage from PP --> AE
on May 5, 2017 at 5:47:48 pm
Last Edited By Antony Dupsta on May 5, 2017 at 5:50:01 pm

PP 2017.1 v11
AE 2017 v 14.0.1.5
OSX 11.6
footage: HD proRes 422

Thanks for helping on this.
I have always been able to copy my footage, lasso select footage in PP timeline, and go into AE and paste the footage in a comp.
Just a quick way to get the trimmed footage into AE.
This no longer works for me? No longer can I copy and paste footage from PP to AE
I have done the simple things like re-boot but after two days of this just thought I 'd ask to see if there are some suggestions I can try to work this out. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Antony Dupsta
Re: can't copy and paste footage from PP --> AE
on May 5, 2017 at 7:04:29 pm

Update...
I can confirm that the versions are fine and that other users can copy and paste. So not a version issue. Seems that it is just my system?
I opened up PP2015 copied footage in the timeline and they all copied into my AE 2017 comp. So something maybe wrong with my PP2017?

The one bread crumb here...I also tried to import the PP project from within AE. Some of the projects import, but sometimes I receive a dialog box saying...After Effects: AEGP Plugin PP import: Can't Load PP project, the version number or the file is corrupt (5027::12)

Keep in mind this only happens with a few project files. I have tried coping footage into new projects, tried importing new projects, not sure what's up?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on May 5, 2017 at 8:23:25 pm

You can import timelines from PP into AE.
Not the greatest way to do it for individual shots, but good if you have a couple-three.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Antony Dupsta
on May 5, 2017 at 8:50:21 pm

Yea that is what I was eluding to. I can't copy paste footage nor can I import sequences. I realize that this is a feature that is possible, so I think for whatever reason, I have a bug or something. I posted this just encase others also experience this issue.

Return to posts index

Jon Doughtie
on May 8, 2017 at 2:43:08 pm

I note your Premiere Pro version is 2015 and After Effects is 2017. Perhaps, with all the under-the-hood changes happening to After Effects, that version difference is part of the issue too.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2015.02 (as of 6/2016)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from HD MP4 and P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

Antony Dupsta
on May 15, 2017 at 10:37:17 pm

"I note your Premiere Pro version is 2015 and After Effects is 2017. Perhaps, with all the under-the-hood changes happening..."

You can see in my original thread my specs:

PP 2017.1 v11
AE 2017 v 14.0.1.5
OSX 11.6
footage: HD proRes 422

You noted that I was using PP 2015 and things were not working. I don't want readers to get the wrong info while they too troubleshoot, I think you just got your wires mixed up. Works fine from old version to new version. As I spelled out in the original post, the issue is from PP2017 to AE2017
Using PP 2017 and AE 2017 footage will not copy and paste back and forth as it has been able to do. I lost this in my nice little workflow...bummer.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]