FORUMS: list search recent posts

So what are my options when making an Ingest Preset for working with Proxies?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Corbin Gross
So what are my options when making an Ingest Preset for working with Proxies?
on May 3, 2017 at 3:55:37 pm

Hey, y'all.

Got back from NAB and I learned a little bit about working with Proxies in Premiere. Sounds amazing, and it's going OK so far, but I'd like to make my own preset and I'm having trouble figuring out which options are viable.

When I use the built in Quicktime/ProRes preset from Premiere, everything works great. But I'd like to make something with a LUT and a Time Code Burn In applied.

My main issues are either the audio isn't compatible when I'm done setting up the preset, or I get a warning that the settings won't work because something about "same as source", or, one time, everything worked great, but the video would play at 2x speed and the audio seemed to be just fine... (I can reply back with more specifics if that's necessary)

What I'm importing is footage from a Sony FS7M2, shot 4196x2160 60p SLog3.

When I try to set up my preset in Encoder, the ProRes preset I use in Premiere isn't available as an option for me to base a preset on in Encoder. Should it be? Is that the best one to use with the crazy 8 track Sony audio?

What things can I, or should I leave as "Match Source", and which things can I adjust? Certainly the resolution can be changed, right? Can I change the frame rate? Would it matter if I did?

Or maybe I should just be using some preset as is, with the LUT and Time Code Burn In turned on? That'd probably be the easiest if there's some existing preset that'll work really well for making proxies.

Anyway, I appreciate any help you folks can offer.

Thanks!

Corbin Gross | SANMAR
Photographer/Videographer | Marketing
22833 SE Black Nugget Road | Issaquah, WA 98029
206.727.5501 x5237
http://www.sanmar.com

Return to posts index

greg janza
Re: So what are my options when making an Ingest Preset for working with Proxies?
on May 3, 2017 at 5:31:28 pm

this should give you a step by step instruction on making custom presets.

It's a bit of a cumbersome process overall but it does allow for customized settings including setting audio channels to match your original media.

Return to posts index

Andy Edwards
Re: So what are my options when making an Ingest Preset for working with Proxies?
on May 3, 2017 at 6:00:32 pm

Watch the 2 parts of these proxy tutorials:
http://www.dylanosborn.com/training/done-with-dylan/

When you work with the proxy workflow from inside Premiere, you are given some basic presets that Adobe provides. You can always add your custom ingest presets you create inside Media Encoder. Once you have created your encoder preset and Ingest preset in Media Encoder, right click on the presets and reveal them in your system folder. Take note of the location so you can add them to the "Add Ingest Preset" when you are back inside Premiere. If you are using multiple systems to edit with, copy those presets into a folder you can then path to when you use the "Add Ingest Preset" option.

Audio channels are very important when dealing with the proxy workflow, so make sure you create your custom encode preset to have the proper amount of channels of audio you have in your media. If you don't, you will get errors from premiere when trying to attach master media to proxies.

Andy Edwards

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]