FORUMS: list search recent posts

Update stories?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Brame
Update stories?
on May 2, 2017 at 8:28:45 pm

I'm not seeing the normal flood of update bugs. Very promising!

Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Update stories?
on May 2, 2017 at 11:21:26 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on May 3, 2017 at 12:18:15 am

What did they change? If it wasn't much, there isn't much harm they could do.

I work for a BIG TV station group. I found out Friday that Adobe's going to a new model -- automatic updates. You won't have to do them yourself. They'll just be on your machine one fine day. Or maybe they ask your permission before they install. I don't know if every user gets this, maybe just companies with enough clout. I'd imagine my company, with approximately a thousand or more seats of Creative Cloud, constitutes an entity with a little clout.

The station brass tell me that if Adobe wants this to succeed, they'd damn well do a better job of debugging if they don't want users to abandon them in droves.

Here's the deal: Adobe has an abysmal track record of releasing bug-free applications. Do you think they're going to change their ways overnight? I for one am terrified by this new model, especially if I don't have a say when the updates occur. I could be laid out to dry in the middle of a big project.

Thank God I have a perfectly-functioning copy of CS 5.5 on my home machine. It may not be the latest or greatest, but it By-God WORKS.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on May 3, 2017 at 11:11:03 am

you may want to peruse the adobe forums. there's some weird bugs like replace clip in bin, importing more than 8 visible media.
color modified because the color engine changes ire >0-90 levels in lumetri. That's just off the top of my head. I recommend finishing any existing projects in their own version. 99% of problems is from adobe not forward compatibility checking for importing older projects .

Return to posts index

Steve Brame
on May 3, 2017 at 11:30:24 am

I have been! And yes, I've seen the spattering of complaints, but not the full-on torch burning riots as with previous updates. I too have been caught by the 'don't open old projects with this version' bug. Unfortunately, this isn't possible with our, and I would suspect many other's workflow. There literally isn't a single moment where we only have a single project going on where we can finish it up, update the software, then start the next project. We consistently have 3 - 6 projects live, and we're a one machine house. I'd sworn off updating this time until the bug fix was issued, and beta tested by the customer base. I was wondering if the comparatively small amount of complaints was because everyone was at NAB, and hadn't actually updated yet.

Steve Brame
creative illusions Productions

Return to posts index

greg janza
on May 3, 2017 at 5:34:52 pm

I've updated on a windows 10 machine with no noticeable issues.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]