FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere Pro CC Monitoring Problems

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Edward Laws
Premiere Pro CC Monitoring Problems
on May 2, 2017 at 1:26:23 pm

Hi all,

Hoping someone might be able to help me with a problem I've got with the current Premiere Pro CC version and a change of hardware.

I recently got a 4K monitor which is now my main screen, I'm running this at full resolution for my timeline and program monitor preview.

I've got a second screen that's 1080p that I want to use as a full screen preview monitor using Mercury Transmit.

However, when I select that option in preferences the preview monitor is showing me a cropped/zoomed in version of the video.

It's as if it's defaulted to 4K for both screens and the 1080p monitor is only showing me a portion of the screen.

The resolution is set correctly in the preferences for both screens.

I tried using a reference monitor and dragging that across to my preview monitor but that doesn't playback in real time.

I can't seem to duplicate the program monitor to drag that across (so I can have one program monitor above my timeline on the 4K monitor and one full screen on the 1080p monitor).

I've got a Blackmagic Mini Monitor card which I use for Resolve and tried using that for full screen previews on an external monitor but that seems to have stopped working since the recent update to CC. (It still works in Resolve).

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Robert Withers
Re: Premiere Pro CC Monitoring Problems
on May 3, 2017 at 4:56:58 am

Your setup is way advanced beyond my Mac Pr CC "2013" and HDMI flat screen. You don't mention your OS. But I've found I've needed to do a lot of tinkering and tweaking between the Mac System Preferences and the Adobe display preferences to get the display working the way I want it with a second computer monitor and the HDMI TV. Picking the right monitor in Pr Preferences is key. Some selections work some don't.
Best wishes to you folks working with the latest and greatest Pr CC versions and Blackmagic etc.
Robert

Robert Withers

Independent/personal/avant-garde cinema, New York City

Return to posts index

Edward Laws
on May 4, 2017 at 7:29:51 am

Thanks Robert.

I actually fixed both issues by swapping cables around.

Premiere now gives me a 1080p preview on my second monitor with a 4K project window open on my main screen.

Don't know if that was a random, temporary bug or if the cables were an issue.

The Mini Monitor problem was definitely the cable though. I tried a couple and one worked without showing hotpixels/distortion.

Return to posts index

Edward Laws
on May 4, 2017 at 7:30:42 am

Oh and I'm using Windows 10 btw.

Bit of an oversight not to mention that sorry :-/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]