FORUMS: list search recent posts

Issues Creating and Attaching Proxies w/Audio

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Warren
Issues Creating and Attaching Proxies w/Audio
on May 1, 2017 at 9:15:36 pm

I am in search of a solution that I have been trying to troubleshoot for some time now.

I am trying to resolve an issue I've been having when my full rez footage has audio recorded. I cannot attach or create proxies because I cannot get the audio information to remain consistent from Raw to Proxy.

This is creating HUGE headaches. I've attempted to create my own ingest preset but none-of the settings are matching with how to RAW footage was shot. Usually we capture audio externally, but even the wild audio recorded to camera never matches the info on the proxy preset, which results in not being able to attach a proxy to the raw.

I'm interested in hearing all or any experiences similar and if a solution was found. I appreciate your thoughts!

*I am running PP 2015.3 on Windows 10*

Scott Warren
Editor - Post Production Pro
Sneaky Big Studios
swarren@sneakybig.com

Return to posts index

Fred Miller
Re: Issues Creating and Attaching Proxies w/Audio
on May 1, 2017 at 10:31:14 pm

I had similar experiences when this feature was released and finally gave up. The main problem was that I get footage from a lot of different shooters and although you can insist on shooting to a specific spec you don't always get it. So sometimes the audio is in stereo 2 tracks, sometimes mono 8 tracks (and only one track actually being used) etc. I spent a day trying to get the right proxy settings made and finally decided it wasn't worth it. PP would make the proxies and everything would be great until you opened up the project the next day and none of the proxies would connect becuase the "audio did not match the source file." Even though my proxy settings were exactly the same as the source. Why Premiere Pro doesn't just come with a generic proxy setting that automatically uses exactly the same audio that is on the source I do not know. I too really wish I could get a solution to this problem and thus make what could be a very usefull feature actually useable.

Adobe CC17
MacPro (Late 2013)
2.7 Ghz 12 Core
64 GB RAM
AMD FirePro D700

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on May 2, 2017 at 11:31:53 am

you just have to match the number of audio channels. a lot of smaller codecs can't handle many channels. cineform, I think can.

Return to posts index

greg janza
on May 2, 2017 at 2:22:49 pm

It's true that proxies only work if the proxy file matches the audio channels of the originating file. The process is a bit cumbersome but you can make custom ingest presets in Media Encoder for each type of raw file that you want to make.

Return to posts index

Peter Garaway
on May 2, 2017 at 4:16:32 pm

Greg and Chris are correct. The current implementation of Proxy requires that the Full Res and Proxy have matching audio channels.

We'd like to make this process smoother and easier to handle in the future. If you have any thoughts on how you would like to it get implemented please share here:

http://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Peter Garaway
Adobe
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

Evan Newman
on Jul 25, 2017 at 5:32:33 pm

Here's my go-to proxy solution. I've done some tinkering to my workflow to make this function.

Instead of using Media Encoder for Proxy generation, download a free version of Da Vinci Resolve.

Load all of your media in. Select all your files.

Click File menu > Media Management,

Select TRANSCODE: Here you can batch transcode media.

(Pick a new destination so it won't amend the filenames of your Proxies.)

Here's the important part: Under AUDIO:
--Render "SAME AS SOURCE" Channels of Audio

This will generate proxies with your desired codec, but if your channels vary camera to camera, scene to scene, day to day etc, it should reflect those changes.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]