24 to 25fps jerkiness isssue

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Johan Ariffin
24 to 25fps jerkiness isssue
on Apr 28, 2017 at 7:29:56 pm

Hi All,

I do have a problem here..

my video now is 25fps but have jerkiness due to converting from 24fps. the problem is the previous editor forgot how he convert it. now i gotta solve the jerkyness issue? what the best way?

thanks alot

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: 24 to 25fps jerkiness isssue
on Apr 28, 2017 at 7:57:29 pm

The BEST way is to get the original footage and do it again.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Johan Ariffin
on Apr 29, 2017 at 4:34:09 am

unfortunately Dave, its impossible to get the original footage due unknown reason to me, something like copyright issue on their part. whats left is the badly converted 24 to 25fps.

i gotta repair this as best as I can

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Apr 30, 2017 at 12:28:53 am

I hate to say this, but if obtaining the original footage results in copyright violation NOW, why do you think the badly-converted footage does not also violate copyright?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Apr 29, 2017 at 11:26:51 am

if the video wasn't sped up or optically blended, you may need to do one of those again. does it play back smooth if you interpret framerate to 24fps again?

Return to posts index

Johan Ariffin
on Apr 29, 2017 at 5:55:15 pm

no it does not play smooth when i interpret to 24fps

i suspect the original file was ProRes 422 (progessive) 24fps.. converted to XDCAM422 1080i50 (25fps)

can you guys throw any idea that i can try?

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Apr 30, 2017 at 11:19:11 am

hmm, sounds worse than I thought, you can do a little trick to guess what the original fps was.

its jerky because there's not enough interpolation between frames at that "slow" of a speed.

do a speed change to go faster until it doesn't look jerky anymore. take that percentage as a reference and multiply it by the fps. That will give you a new fps in interpret clip fps. then simply use premiere's optical speed change to place the "new" interpreted fps into your 25fps sequence. Optical flow will then change the fps without changing the speed and smooth out the jerkyness. You may need to fiddle with the speed as it was probably burned in wrong as well.

https://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/optical-flow-time-remapping-tips-tric...

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on May 1, 2017 at 2:13:46 pm

Sorry, but not really. You have no idea what the previous editor did, so we don't either. You may have to experiment with 24fps footage to discover the mistakes made before. At least then you would know what it would take to salvage the clip... if you can.

Frankly, I'm surprised that the original clip does not exist among the footage you already have.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]