FORUMS: list search recent posts

Migrating individual edit projects to one Team Project

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Henry Thompson
Migrating individual edit projects to one Team Project
on Apr 27, 2017 at 7:39:59 pm

I come from an Avid ISIS background where shared workspaces are pretty common and if there are problems they are easily mitigated. I am relatively new to Premiere and its advanced functions.

I am working with another editor on a multi-cam show with about 8TB of media. We have been working on the show for about a month and we've both got large projects that are based on the same file structure and mirrored raw media drives, but the projects haven't been the same since day 1 of work. We'd like to move off of the current setup of managing projects to mirror one another to the Team Project option with Adobe. We have about two weeks of downtime before we go back into editing and I've been tasked with combining the projects into one Team Project for us to use.

We are also in the process of setting up a SAN to work off of.
Do I need to wait for the SAN to be installed to successfully use the Team Project function? (Currently, I have our project saved on a networked external drive)

What would be the best method to combine both projects while keeping duplicate files at a minimum?

What is the general consensus with Adobe Team Projects?

I understand that Adobe Team Projects is a relatively new function but if we can make it work with the same level of efficiency that Avid can produce we will use it.

Thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]