FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio frame rates change when imported

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Dean
Audio frame rates change when imported
on Apr 27, 2017 at 6:37:56 pm

Hello - the camera and sound people on my project were surprised when I told them that the timecodes on the production audio and the two jam-synced cameras didn't match - sometimes they were off by a minute. And sure enough, when I opened one of the project's wav files using Wave Agent, the first frame of TC did not match the file's within Premiere, which I had imported simply by locating it, as usual. But I did notice in Wave Agent that the audio file's frame rate was 23.97, which matches the cameras. In Premiere, it defaults in at 30. (I had already imported 23.97 video footage, but no sequences have been created yet.) I don't see anything in Project Settings, before or after creation, that signifies that the PROJECT is, or can be, 23.97. So I don't know how I can import audio files into my project and have them be the same 23.97 frame rate that they appear to be recorded at, which will hopefully match the timecodes of the cameras. Thanks for any suggestions!

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: Audio frame rates change when imported
on Apr 27, 2017 at 7:27:35 pm

Hi David,

The Sequence Settings should match the footage being edited. Right-click a clip in the Project Bin, and select New Sequence from Clip. This will create a new sequence that matches the footage, and that should help your situation.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

David Dean
Re: Audio frame rates change when imported
on Apr 27, 2017 at 8:10:51 pm

Thanks for responding so quickly, Jeff. I've actually been editing the first half of this project with these files, syncing them up by eye, ear, and Pluraleyes, and once I'm actually in a sequence everything's fine. It's just that the timecodes, which ought to match exactly, don't (it's clearly apparent in the Program Window overlays). I just wondered if that mysterious discrepancy between the frame rate inside and outside Premiere had anything to do with it. (You can see from this screenshot that the first frame of audio is about 40 seconds apart between the file from the Finder and the one imported into Premiere.) Again, I'm very grateful for your reply.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]