FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is is possible to edit length of closed captions in the timeline?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Angela Anderson
Is is possible to edit length of closed captions in the timeline?
on Apr 27, 2017 at 6:23:47 pm

Hello everyone!
I've tried to google the answer to my question with no luck, so i'm posting here.

I'm working on an edit in Premiere cc 2015 with interview subjects who speak several languages. I put close captions on the original interviews so that I could understand what everyone was saying. Now I'm editing them together, cutting and pasting parts of the captioned interviews into a new sequence.

When I do this, the changes in position (start & end timecode) of the captions in the new timeline do not seem to be reflected in the captions window.

Can this be true? Or am I doing something wrong? I want to be able to export a text list of my subs when I'm finished with the edit, so that the english can then be translated into another language (german) & brought back into the edit. But looking at the non-matching timecodes in my captions in the final sequence, I'm skeptical this will work.

I was hoping closed captions would be a quick & easy way to subtitle my interviews, but they seem to be less useful than i had hoped.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance!

Premiere pro cc 2015, Macbook pro osx yosemite

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]