FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sync Color-graded clips to original clips by analyzing frames?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Oates
Sync Color-graded clips to original clips by analyzing frames?
on Apr 26, 2017 at 5:55:08 pm

I am trying to roundtrip a Premiere project to Resolve and back. My method was to export the Premiere project as an AAF, then imported that into Resolve. I deleted all the audio (we did sound before color, and the transcoding to AAF couldn't bring the audio effects along with it) and completed the grade. I exported the timeline from Resolve as a Premiere XML (as individual clips with 120 frame handles). I then brought that exported xml into Premiere and pasted it into my timeline with the original clips. I'm going through one-by-one and re-syncing the clips by hand, but I'm wondering if there's a tool analogous to Merge Clips that analyzes image frames instead of audio waveforms.

I'm also open to a better way to roundtrip, I found this workflow through YouTube videos and trial and error.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: Sync Color-graded clips to original clips by analyzing frames?
on Apr 26, 2017 at 7:14:37 pm

The point of the XML is to reconform the edit from the rendered clips that you exported from Resolve so you wouldn't need to do this by hand.

[Sam Oates] "'m wondering if there's a tool analogous to Merge Clips that analyzes image frames instead of audio waveforms.
"

No.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]