FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cannot edit text in CC2017

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jørn Kildall
Cannot edit text in CC2017
on Apr 23, 2017 at 5:34:51 am

Hi all, I just updated PP to latest version with all its new features.
I can add a text layer/track (new text tool) and change all it's attributes - bur I CANNOT edit/change the text!

I've unstalled and re-installled, restarted my pc and done all that I could think of, but no way to edit text, just the default text when you create a new text from the build-in templates.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro.

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
Re: Cannot edit text in CC2017
on Apr 23, 2017 at 11:45:15 am

Yeah, you can. The problem is that, unlike in photoshop, the cursor icon doesn't change to indicate you can select a word or just place it between words and start typing. The cursor icon stays the same. Try it.

Return to posts index

Jørn Kildall
on Apr 23, 2017 at 12:08:28 pm

Problem still exist... tried Duke Swedens tip, didn't work.
I've installed PP on another PC and here there are no problems with new text tool.

Could it be a corrupted installation?

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on Apr 23, 2017 at 12:22:21 pm

Just to be clear, you clicked on the text and a cursor didn't appear? Well, if you said you got it to work on another PC then obviously you know the technique. I've read enough posts to know that Adobe software will display odd "buggy" behavior on only 1 or 2 computers and no one else knows what you're talking about because they're not experiencing it.

On a side note, this new title feature is more cumbersome to use than editing 4K on my PC. Totally useless to me unless I nail the position the first time. And the templates? Forget it, they take forever to load after I place them on the timeline, and I've yet to find one that uses a font I already have on my machine, and I got a LOT of fonts.

Return to posts index

Gus Evangelista
on Apr 24, 2017 at 2:06:01 am
Last Edited By Gus Evangelista on Apr 24, 2017 at 3:11:48 am

I thought it was a bug, but then I figured out that you have to click on the created title in the timeline, go to the Essential Graphics window, Edit tab, then click on the your text layer. With the Text Tool selected your title should highlight in red. Only then can you click on your text in the program window to edit.

It's not as simple as double clicking the text to activate/edit. Although I wish it would...

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on Apr 24, 2017 at 12:14:44 pm

I tried it with and without the essential graphics window opened, and I was able to get that red highlight and change the text either way.

Return to posts index

Jørn Kildall
on Apr 24, 2017 at 1:24:21 pm

Hi Gus I've tried this and it doesn't work on my primary pc, but on my secondary it works like a dream ☺
I'm sticking to the old text-tool until the bug is fixed or I find a working solution.

Return to posts index

Peter Garaway
on Apr 27, 2017 at 10:50:00 pm

Hi Gus,

You do not need to go to the Essential Graphics > Edit tab in order to modify your title. Simply select the Title Tool from the toolbar or hit the T key. Once the Title is selected, select any text in the Program Monitor (you should see a red bounding box) and begin typing.

Please let me know if that's not working for you.

Peter Garaway
Adobe
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

Aaron Castillo
on Jul 3, 2017 at 3:38:44 am

I might have been having the same problem that the original poster was having. I found that the solution for me was that the blue bounding box(which lets me know the text is selected and ready to edit) mysteriously moves off frame sometimes making it appear that the text I would like to edit isn't being highlighted at all. Additional to this problem, when I do click and drag the bounding box it moves at a different speed than the text it is representing... almost like the text itself is locationally represented by a different frame size? Anyway, it seems like a bug to me so I thought I'd say something.

Regards,

Aaron

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]