FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio track names disappear after 1 click.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Moore
Audio track names disappear after 1 click.
on Apr 21, 2017 at 7:29:28 pm

Please watch this 10 second video: I name 5 audio tracks, click away, come back, and 4 of the 5 names are missing. Weird, right??

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yqq8ml25d6v9jq5/Track%20names%20disappear.mov?dl=...

Freelance director of commercials, film, television and a professor at Brooklyn College, New York

Return to posts index

Andy Edwards
Re: Audio track names disappear after 1 click.
on Apr 21, 2017 at 8:52:22 pm

Jason, what Premiere version are you using?

Can you try the same steps but in a default workspace (Editing) vs. a custom workspace. See if that keeps the audio track names. Also, you are not using any custom track presets by chance?

Andy Edwards

Return to posts index

Jason Moore
on Apr 21, 2017 at 9:03:31 pm

Thanks for the reply Andy. I will try your suggestion and report my findings tomorrow as I'm leaving the office for the day. I am not using any custom track presets that I know of, but honestly I'm not super familiar with that exact concept/term. I'll get back and thanks again for the response, this is driving me crazy.

Freelance director of commercials, film, television and a professor at Brooklyn College, New York

Return to posts index

Jason Moore
on Apr 22, 2017 at 1:30:37 pm

UPDATE: User error / lack of documentation. As it turns out, you cannot have duplicate audio track names. I wanted 10 tracks all labeled "Dialog". But when clicking away (to another sequence) and clicking back, tracks 2-10 would revert back to "Audio", with track 1 keeping the "Dialog" label. Through trial and error I discovered that by naming each track discretely, the names would stick. So now I have "Dialog 1", "Dialog 2", "Dialog 3", etc. That fixed the problem. Works in any workspace, custom or default.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]