FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere Pro + Sierra + Network Accounts = DISASTER!

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Penetrante
Premiere Pro + Sierra + Network Accounts = DISASTER!
on Apr 19, 2017 at 9:33:37 pm

Our department is having SERIOUS issues with Adobe CC and network accounts when we migrated to macOS Sierra.
At this point Apple is pointing to Adobe so I am posting here to see if anyone else has this issue:

When using macOS Sierra client and a network account (home directories served from macOS Server 5.2), Adobe CC After Effects, Premiere Pro, Audition and Photoshop all crash or freeze upon launch.

When we revert to local users, the Adobe apps launch just fine.

This is a SERIOUS DEAL BREAK for academic environments who use network accounts.

We had to revert to 10.11.6 just to get Adobe Cash Cow working again. ;(

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Premiere Pro + Sierra + Network Accounts = DISASTER!
on Apr 19, 2017 at 11:45:00 pm

Brace yourself for a boatload of suggestions to get the bug fix that just came out today for CC.

Hey, who knows? It may actually fix the problem.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Andy Edwards
on Apr 20, 2017 at 5:42:19 pm

Greg,

Are you an Adobe Enterprise user? Or plain Adobe CC accounts? Are you using Apple School Manager to set up your accounts since you are in a academic environment? Have you tried testing your set up with the new 5.3 Sierra server software? Were the Sierra network accounts set up fresh or just a software upgrade from El Capitan?

Do you have your firewall configurations for your network users set up properly? All CC accounts need to have a connection to Adobe servers for authentication of the accounts when first set up.
Here is a detailed list of sites you can white list for the accounts: https://helpx.adobe.com/content/dam/help/attachments/Creative_Cloud_for_ent...

Additional Enterprise CC set up PDF's
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/creativesuite/enterprisedeployment.html

We had nothing but problems with network accounts and work via AD log in or local account instead. I recently installed a Sierra server for backing up our edit systems, so I'm new to Sierra's server potential issues. Looking forward to following this to learn something as well. Adobe will be pushing Mac users to Sierra in the future since they only support 2 OS's back with current CC app versions.

Andy Edwards

Return to posts index

Andy Edwards
on Apr 20, 2017 at 8:10:16 pm

Saw your other thread in the adobe forums dated in February. Interesting you have not found any fixes in 2 months.

Have you asked the same question on either apple.stackexchange.com or stackoverflow.com website?

Are your network user permissions for library/application support/adobe folder set up for Read & Write to all your users? If you have a network group for your users you can add it in the sharing permissions window.

Are you accessing your networked macs with Jumbo frames enabled in Network settings? I've run into issues where systems with Jumbo frames enabled had problems authenticating with Creative Cloud services.

Andy

Return to posts index

Greg Penetrante
on Apr 21, 2017 at 8:15:41 pm

Andy,

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my missive. 😉

We are Adobe Enterprise users. Our account is through the regents of the CalState University system. Everything is licensed and working properly through 10.11.6 and our firewalls are setup per Adobe's recommendations (thanks for the link - it verified what our internal TNS department recommended).

This was a clean install of Server 5.2 with 10.12.4. Clients are clean 10.12.4 images with post install packages deployment of CC 2017.

Our network permissions are properly set-- all users have R/W access to the necessary folders..

We do not have Jumbo frames enabled due to TNS restrictions.

When we revert to 10.11.6, Adobe works fine. When we boot with 10.12.4, Adobe crashes.

Return to posts index

Andy Edwards
on Apr 21, 2017 at 9:33:11 pm

Greg,

Thanks for all the answers. I'd recommend bringing this issue to the Enterprise forums as you get unlimited Adobe support there as a Enterprise customer. There have been so many tweaks done to OS Sierra, Adobe might not have tested it in your type of network user configuration. From SIP and SMB changes alone in El Capitan, they could have tweaked Sierra to work differently from your last deployment.

Post back if you get anywhere as I might be going down a similar path with our users.

Andy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]