FORUMS: list search recent posts

Updated from CC 2015.0.2 to CC 2017.0.2 and now LUTs don't work

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Silverman
Updated from CC 2015.0.2 to CC 2017.0.2 and now LUTs don't work
on Apr 19, 2017 at 4:50:05 pm

I updated from CC 2015.0.2 to CC 2017.0.2 and now when I try to apply a LUT to my footage it does not appear on footage when exporting using AME. If I export directly from Premiere then the LUT is applied though. When I'm editing in Premiere I can see the LUT on my footage in the program monitor but once it gets sent through AME then it's no longer there. I've contacted Adobe support 3 times and each time they've been unable to solve the issue. Here are my specs:

Mac Pro (Late 2013)
3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5
32 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB

When I updated to 2015.0.3 a couple years ago this same exact thing happened so I switched back to 2015.0.2 until a month ago. I figured that surely they would have fixed the issue but it's still occurring. It is happening with Adobe's LUTs as well as DELUTS.

Please let me know what you think is going on.

Mike

Return to posts index

Andy Edwards
Re: Updated from CC 2015.0.2 to CC 2017.0.2 and now LUTs don't work
on Apr 19, 2017 at 6:03:24 pm

Mike,

Where are you storing the LUTS? Are they local to your machine or in a shared folder like dropbox? I've seen issues where any "Cloud" based storage cannot be read by AME to apply the LUT. If they are located in the cloud, move them to a local folder and re-apply the LUT so both programs can see it.

Adobe removed a bunch of the older LUTS when they made the push from Speed Grade to the Lumetri Panel. Some of the older LUTS did not get ported to the new versions of Premiere and should not be used with new version of Premiere. They will play back in Premiere, but AME has a hard time reading these older versions and will not apply it to the footage when exporting via Queueing in AME.

In your AME prefs check to make sure you have "import sequences natively" box checked.

Andy Edwards

Return to posts index

Mike Silverman
on Apr 19, 2017 at 6:08:50 pm

I'm storing the LUTs on my internal hard drive in Adobe Premiere Pro CC>Contents>Lumetri>LUTs>Creative

I looked at my preferences and the box for "import sequences natively" is checked.

Is there another location on my hard drive where I can store the LUTs?

Thanks,

Mike

Return to posts index

Andy Edwards
on Apr 19, 2017 at 6:15:05 pm

Are these custom LUTS or ones you chose from the previous versions of Premiere?

Did you upgrade to today's new release?

Andy

Return to posts index

Mike Silverman
on Apr 19, 2017 at 6:19:11 pm

Some of them are custom LUTs from Jame's Miller's DELUTS but others are Adobe LUTs. I think the Adobe LUTs came with the software but I'm not certain.

I didn't know there was a new release. I just looked on the menu bar icon and it's not showing an update, is there another way to access this?

Return to posts index

Andy Edwards
on Apr 19, 2017 at 7:01:24 pm

Found an old adobe post talking about copying the LUTS to the AME technical folder you might be able to try.
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2178493
Be careful doing this as some older LUTS are not supported and this could hose your system and cause export errors with your footage.

If your LUTS are from an older version of the software this could be the problem with the AME export. I saw this with one of our shows and we had to dig into the Lumetri panel and make sure no old LUTS were applied. Try creating a new test project and import one piece of media you used with your old LUT. Apply one of the new Lumetri LUTS and see if you can Queue it to AME and retain the look once exported. If that works, it could mean your older LUTs are not supported. Regarding Miller's LUTS, find out from him if his LUT's are updated to work with the latest version of Premiere.

To see the new update go to your CC desktop app and log out. Log back in and see if the CC desktop app requires an update to the new version and then it should offer you the new application updates. Don't dive into this new version if you are in the middle of a project. Finish the project and plan for the upgrade so you start fresh.

Here is the Adobe Blog showing all the new features:
https://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/dva/

Andy

Return to posts index

R Neil Haugen
on Apr 22, 2017 at 5:15:58 am

PrPro seems to apply a "relative" reference (12th LUT down ... ) to LUTs in the Technical & Creative folders within the Adobe/Premiere Pro 2017/Lumetri/LUTs folder chain, and "absolute" references (JonDobBlueDogSpecial.cube) to LUTs in folders outside of that location, say on your desktop or in a LUTs folder you might put on your system drive.

And as referenced elsewhere in this thread, if you put LUTs into the PrPro folders, you *may* need to also put them into AME's folder tree to have them read by AME. As apparently, if it sees a reference to those folders, it looks for the 17th LUT, not say "JonDobBlueDogSpecial.cube" by name ... but within it's own folder tree.

But again, *outside* the Adobe folder tree, it searches for LUTs within the specified folder by name.

So it's awful nice to be able to scroll without having to constantly navigate through folders ... making using the built-in Technical and Creative folders attractive. Though ... there may be problems with that use.

And some older LUTs that used to ship with SpeedGrade and/or PrPro can indeed cause issues.

Return to posts index

Andy Edwards
on Apr 19, 2017 at 7:09:24 pm

The LUTS are applied in the Lumetri Panel and not through an Adjustment layer?

Andy

Return to posts index

Chris Borjis
on Apr 19, 2017 at 8:23:54 pm

2017.0.2 is the new release today isn't it?

I too am a holdout on 2015.0.2, will be watching this thread.

Return to posts index

Andy Edwards
on Apr 19, 2017 at 8:31:13 pm

Nope, that was the previous version. Today's release moves it to 2017.1 v11.0, Tanq

Return to posts index

Andy Edwards
on Apr 20, 2017 at 4:07:39 pm

Mike,

Did anything get it working again?

Andy

Return to posts index

Tim Kline
on Apr 21, 2017 at 8:24:25 pm

Defiantly Have to Re Import them. I have had the same issue.

Go into your old File folder or even Speedgrade. They should all be in there in the Lumetri Folder. Copy them into the new folders for the New Premier Lumetri. There should be 3 folders.

See link: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2172639

Timothy Kline
Production Manager
Hilo Motion Pictures

Return to posts index

Andy Edwards
on Apr 21, 2017 at 8:44:11 pm

Only issue with reimporting the old LUTS is they are no longer fully supported by newer versions of Premiere and AME. With all the changes made to the Lumetri engine in the past 3 versions of Premiere, you could be introducing issues to your footage when exporting. So use the old LUTs at your own risk.

Andy Edwards

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on Apr 22, 2017 at 11:12:05 am

1. I always copy LUTS>Creative and LUTS>Technical from Premiere Pro and paste them into AME's LUTS folder. No problems
2. Uncheck import files natively. You said you had it checked. That will cause AME to export the files without most of the tweaks, effects and grading/correcting you did.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]