FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere Pro CS6 and multiple projects

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Victoria Guzik
Premiere Pro CS6 and multiple projects
on Apr 18, 2017 at 3:09:04 pm

Hi,
I am doing a composite DVD for a roast from multiple projects. Just need some freeze frames and some short skits. How do I go about saving this into a projcet that I can use? I need to open it's previous project to get just what I want, and they are a lot of them, and save it for a project that I can use to create the DVD. This is a amateur theater group that I had videotaped for about 20 years or more. Thank you.
Vicki

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
Re: Premiere Pro CS6 and multiple projects
on Apr 18, 2017 at 3:37:25 pm

You can import full projects or individual sequences into your open project.

Return to posts index

Victoria Guzik
on Apr 18, 2017 at 4:02:27 pm

Thank you. But, my problem is I just want only a portion of the sequence. Sometimes only a freeze frame or a small portion of the sequence. It will never be the entire sequence. If I import the project, how can I save the portion that I need to create my new project? I want to look at all the projects, find the part that I need and save it into a new project. If I do save as, it will save the project again and not just the portion that I need..

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
on Apr 18, 2017 at 4:10:43 pm

Delete the portions you don't need and save as a new project (or delete after import). Or open your old project, copy the section you need, open your new project, and paste it. Or just export the small sections or freeze frames you need and edit those.

Return to posts index

Alex Udell
on Apr 18, 2017 at 4:32:36 pm

CS6 was pretty limited with functions in terms of merging projects or pulling portions of projects together...

the current version could handle this a lot better if you have access to it...

in the new version you can use the media browser to look into other projects, load them as read only into your source viewer to save stills and lift sections to into your new project...

so if you can do it....this sounds like what you need...

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX
Let's Connect on Linkedin
Examples: Retail Automotive Motion Graphics Spots
Example: Customer Facing Explainer Video
Example: Infotainment & Package editorial

Return to posts index

Victoria Guzik
on Apr 18, 2017 at 4:59:28 pm

Thank you. Don't have access to the newer version and can't afford it right now. Talked to client and we are working on an alternate.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]