FORUMS: list search recent posts

What one practice keeps you most organized or productive?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kell Smith
What one practice keeps you most organized or productive?
on Apr 18, 2017 at 1:41:45 am
Last Edited By Kell Smith on Apr 18, 2017 at 1:52:55 am

Also, what one area needs improvement?

I'll start.
1) FAVORITE PRACTICE:
Keeping sequence versions organized by creating a backup after each major change, naming each backup 001, 002 making a log note about the change, and putting them in a bin called 'old.' That way they are organized by version, since Premiere doesn't give them a 'date created,' and visually out of the way. And only the main sequence stays out to work on, so there's no confusion.

2) NEEDS IMPROVEMENT: I'm not always as good at carrying this practice over when managing media on the hard drive, as I have a bad habit of saving different versions of photos, motion graphics or so on, or backups on other drives, in a hurry and can get lazy about it. Especially in Photoshop where you make a copy just to be on the safe side, then make your changes in the copy, or work in different sizes of the file, so you need several versions, and then save it out a few different ways, or have backup versions on different hard drives and so on which makes it even more complicated. They end up with numerous versions scattered and it's such a headache to fix it I just search by date or file type. Need to be more disciplined to name it version001, 002 etc.

(And hopefully all of us learned a long time ago to never name a file "final." Unless you want to end up with "final 2, final3, final blue text etc).

So tonight I am re-working my file system. Good times.

OK. Your turn.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]