FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cannot access bezier handles

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Garry Jenkins
Cannot access bezier handles
on Apr 14, 2017 at 9:58:35 am

Hey everyone,

I'm doing some simple animation to my logo within Premiere and it recently stopped giving me access to bezier handles on the first keyframe! I've attached a pic. As you can see, the first keyframe is almost hidden away (on the Scale attribute). Even if I go full screen in the effect controls window, I can expose the keyframe properly but clicking on it still won't bring up any handles. I can access those of the other keyframes fine...

No idea why it's suddenly a problem, nothing changed...it literally means I can't further animate what I've started. I've restarted, etc, and am using CC 2017.

Thanks for any help,
Garry

Deep Cut Productions
http://www.deep-cut.co.uk

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
Re: Cannot access bezier handles
on Apr 15, 2017 at 11:29:26 am

Your problem is cc 2017. I was rolling along, just fine, doing my green screen vids and masking out unwanted portions of my shots when, suddenly, I too could not access the bezier points. Then the ones on the left would only bring up the hand tool, which meant I couldn't reposition those beziers, only move the entire mask. THEN, I couldn't even draw a mask. Nothing would happen, no blue lines, nothing. I had to go back to cc 2015.4. Interestingly, even with that version, I still get the hand tool on one bezier point on the left.

No one ever responded to this problem when I posted so you may be out of luck. My only suggestion, based on my experience, is that something happened with your video card drivers, since no matter what version I reverted back to, there's always some kind of problem with masks and bezier points. My problem started about 2 weeks after I upgraded my monitor from a 720p to 1080p. Adobe's forum was no help either.

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on Apr 15, 2017 at 11:31:43 am

EDIT: Wow, all that typing for nothing. You're referring to the keyframe in the first frame of the timeline. I thought you meant the bezier points you create when drawing a mask. Sorry.

Return to posts index

Garry Jenkins
on Apr 18, 2017 at 9:28:27 am

Okay, but thanks for the reply! Beziers are still the problem though, if anybody can help - it's currently stopped me from being able to animate within Premiere, which is crazy.

Garry

Deep Cut Productions

Return to posts index

Peter Garaway
on Apr 27, 2017 at 11:20:42 pm

Hi Gary,

Hopefully, you've figured out a fix for this by now. I'm unable to reproduce this issue but I would suggest trying a few things.

1. Reset workspace
2. Clear preferences (Hold down Shfit+Option on app launch)
If that does not help:
3. Editing your keyframe within the Timeline (see instructions here: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/adding-navigating-setting-keyfra...
4. Start your first keyframe a little later in time, adjust the bezier and then reposition it to the 0-second mark.

Hope you're already up and going!

Peter Garaway
Adobe
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

Garry Jenkins
on Apr 28, 2017 at 8:10:52 am

Hey Peter!

Thanks very much for the detailed answer - I stumbled across a fix by deleting the keyframe and just starting it again later in time, then moving it back...exactly as you said above in point 4. I'm slapping my forehead as well because I never thought of trying it in the timeline.

Cheers again for the help, it's much appreciated.
Garry

Deep Cut Productions

Return to posts index

Peter Garaway
on Apr 28, 2017 at 9:11:04 pm

Glad to hear it, Garry!

Have a good weekend.

Peter Garaway
Adobe
Premiere Pro