FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to copy clips from different video tracks to single video track?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Abhinav Joshua
How to copy clips from different video tracks to single video track?
on Apr 11, 2017 at 7:34:06 am

Hi,
I am editing a music video and want to copy clips from different video tracks to compile a single track video. When I am selecting the clips from different video tracks by holding the SHIFT key and then only activating the track on which I want to paste, Premiere Pro is creating few more tracks to paste the stuff I've copied in order of which they were copied. I hope you understand that ! :P
Draging the clip and moving it up by holding the Alt key is messing up the timing.

The music video has two locations so I want to make a single compiled video track of one location and same for the other location to color grade it accordingly.

How to achieve this?

See the Pic.
I want to copy different bits of video by selecting the parts and pasting it once on V16.

Return to posts index

Kell Smith
Re: How to copy clips from different video tracks to single video track?
on Apr 11, 2017 at 1:08:50 pm
Last Edited By Kell Smith on Apr 11, 2017 at 1:20:34 pm

There's probably a cool trick solution somewhere I don't know about, but if it were me, and the timeline wasn't too long, I'd simply drag each one to the desired track with snapping on, or else nest them.
Also by
1) highlighting the current track the clips are on
2) going to the beginning of the clip with the playhead (in my system going to the beginning or end of clip is mapped to the up and down arrow keys)
2) making sure the desired track is highlighted and turning all others off
3)cmd-c to copy the clip
4) cmd-v paste it on the desired (highlighted) track at the playhead.
5 rinse and repeat

You could probably cut them instead of copying but it's always nice to have that safeguard until you are done and delete the xtra clips later

Return to posts index

Abhinav Joshua
on Apr 11, 2017 at 1:34:01 pm

Thanks!
It's sad that a simple feature like this is not available in PP or maybe we are missing something!

Return to posts index

Kell Smith
on Apr 11, 2017 at 1:40:16 pm

Good luck. Hope that helps =)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]